THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    "War Vets" Sieze Zim Huntign Farms

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"War Vets" Sieze Zim Huntign Farms
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It just keeps going on and on, worse and worse!! I had hoped to one day hunt there. Guess I won't be holding my breath on it!!

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Carr, don't give up on your dream of hunting Zimbabwe. I lived in the contry for 6 years and now spend 2-3 months there each year. I still have a small house and my equipment and truck there. I am booking agent and travel through out the country during my visit without any problems. Most places I feel safer than I do in many cities in the US. I already have had 7 hunters go to Zimbabwe this year and return and have two others there now. More scheduled this year. None of my clients have reported any problems at all. There are places you can still hunt with good certainty that you will not be bothered by squatters or so call "war vets". Concession hunting such as Chete, Unit #1, 2, 3, Dande, ect. have not been affected by the land grab and hunters are normally safe hunting there. There are still some private ranch that have not been invaded. Many ranches have just a few token squatters and hunting has gone on without any problems.

If you work with someone that well versed on the situation in Zimbabwe I am sure you will have a enjoyable safe hunt.

One more point, most of the people of Zimbabwe are good, honest, hard working people. There is a small crimal element that continues to caused most of the unrest in Zimbabwe, most of in the government.

Go to Zimbabwe. You will not be disappointed! It is still a wonderfull place to hunt and visit.

Regards, Ron Oliver, Zimbabwe Wildlife Safaris

Posts: 38 | Location: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron- Was curious as to the status of Cawston ranch. Have the invaders shown up there? Bob Butler.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Ron..you feel safer in Zimbabwe than in US cities?

Somehow I find that incredulous.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

I have not been to Zimbabwe but I certainly understand how you feel about being safer there than in the big city. Big towns make me cringe!! Just the same I am glad I don't have any property in Zim right now!!

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
We just returned from Zim and although we were careful very aware of our surroundings, I never felt threatened. I was actually more nervous in Joburg where we spent about a day and a half and one night on the return trip.