Find
Notify
Tools

Been to CZ Heaven
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
Got to handle the new CZ .505 Gibbs, the .404 Jeffery, and .450 Rigby this morning. Like being in the candy store.

The highlights:

The .505 has a bigger barrel contour to incease the weight, and tame some of the recoil. It will also have a recoil reducer in the butt. Didn't take my scale, but will, so I can get a reading on weight.

The .450 has the same contour as the .404, the same standard CZ magnum contour, so it is/will lighter in weight than the .404.

Can get a matte finish on the rifles as an option. Yippey!

CZ is getting their own headstamped ammunition. And accessories.

The .450 Rigby had the matte finish, a beautiful stock, and I want one!

More later.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will,
Did they give you any idea of the cost? Thanks

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That 450 Rigby sure sounds like a peach. It seems like there would be a decent bullet selection. Is it hard to find brass for ?

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I took my CZ 550 in .458 and made it into a 450 Dakota. That Rigby round is identical, from a balistics standpoint only.

Any 458 bullet will work. Due to the increased case capacity, you can shoot the longer bullets, like the Barnes X.

You are right it is a "peach".

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Will,

Can you verify if these are going to be standard CZ factory offerings or are they something that CZ-USA is getting done for the American market like it did with the .458Lott conversions??

I am just wondering if us peasants in the rest of the world will ever see any of these!

Regards

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
VFR,

The current plan as I understand it is that they will have the fancy wood and are going to be around $2000.

Pete,

I do not know what the distribution plan is at this time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post Will. Are you able to take a camera with you for your next visit? I would love to see photos.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
While you're there, can you ask them to consider making some left handed models? I'd love to see a left handed CZ American, especially in 375 or 416!

Posts: 12690 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds awsome,

I have got to have me a .505. I will get that first as it is quite easy to make a .450 Rigby oout of a current .458 winnie.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Well, if you've got to have one, I do to! We lefties have to stay together.
Emailed Charles Daly and the only thing they will produce for a lefty is .30-06 and .223.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,
$2000 dollars!? I was on the verge of buying a CZ in .416 and then heard the .505 was going to be made and decided to hold off to get the .505 instead.

Don�t get me wrong, I love CZ rifles and own several, but the checkering, finishing and smoothness of machining will have to be far better than their current offerings (fancy wood or not) for me to pay 2,000 dollars. If the craftsmanship is improved than I might give it a go. I sure hope they offer the .505 in their usual grade which is essentially a �working-mans� rifle and can get the price down to ~$1000 (too good to be true?).

It looks like a .416 Rigby might be in my future again. Either way, it would be really neat to have some �CZ� headstamped ammo available.

By the way Will, you are very lucky and I think I might just give my right nut to see some detailed pictures of that .505.

Wes

Posts: 213 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto,
What's with this anti-lefties thing anyway???
Can't get a decent DG rifle in LH for under $3K

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Will

I can't find it but I received an email from CZ that said their new cal's should be in the same ballpark as the rest of their magnums. So if you go back soon please be sure and ask about it again. Basically I'm poor and can't spend 2 grand on a CZ. I don't know if you have any say with them but CZ should know that the reason for their popularity in the U.S. is bang for the buck. Any way sure hope you�re wrong about 2 large.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, and the messenger doesn't set prices, so I may be full of it. I hope they are cheap too.

The ones I saw had McGowen barrels, fancy barrel band front sights, and excellent wood, so all that is going to increase the price. But they may not all be that way, if there is going to be a standard model.

I'd guess that GG375's "done up" CZ is going to cost a small fortune, where $2000 just got things started.