THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    US Hunters: Delay your leopard imports

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Hunters: Delay your leopard imports
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted
Houston, we have a problem . . .

USF&W is seizing or refusing to clear leopard imports based on the failure of the exporting country to list ON THE EXPORT PERMIT the annual quota (ie 500) AND the number against the quota that each specimen represents (ie 224). Until the exporting states get this exactly right, your leopard trophy could be seized once it arrives.

As usual, there is very little guidance on this issue and the various inspectors at the various ports are applying the rule differently. Some are seizing the trophies, period. Others are refusing to clear the trophies and requiring the hunter to reexport, correct the paperwork, and re-import. Others, apparently, are still letting some of the cats clear and come into the country.

John Jackson is meeting with the Chief Enforcement Officer of USF&W next week sp we may have some clarity at that time. Until then, if I had a shipment with a panthera pardus in it, I'd try to put it on hold.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents

Please see my post under "Importing Leopard"

Andy Hunter

Posts: 81 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote