New
Find
Notify
Tools

degreasing actions.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We are heading for Namibia this summer. We have been told to degrease our actions as the dust and grit in the Kalahari will get lodged in any grease that is on your action. First is this the experience of people who have hunted there? Next if it so, what do you use for the dry lube. Someone told me to degrease, use the tetra lube stuff and wipe it as dry as possible. The tetra is supposed to leave a dry film that will not attract grease. Other recomended products? Thanks.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
I have used Militec. Go to www.militec-1.com and get a free sample. It's expensive but seems to work.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D Hunter,

I haven't been to Namibia, but I have found that TUF-GLIDE by Sentry Solutions works great for my M-4 here in Iraq. I have also tried the Militec stuff, but still thought it was too greasy/sticky. The TUFF-Glide is very thin and dries completely. In the summers here there is constantly dust blowing and I have seen some of the other guys weapons cakes with dust, because they used heavy lubricants like CLP etc. The TUF-Glide also comes in a cloth for wiping down the larger part of you weapon. Works great.

Erik

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dust and dirt + oil = lapping compound.When Mt St Helen erupted many shooters found out the hard way !Graphite or molybdenum disulphide will work.