Find
Notify
Tools

Pull the plug
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saeed:
I think you should pull the plug ,shut down this web site for a couple of months and let the trash float to the top,give it a good skimming and then FLUSH.
You are one heck of a man to take the insults and slander you are receiving from some people on YOUR web site!!! I think that AR is starting to go in the wrong direction. Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul Kawczk

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 756 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to agree with you Paul. This PVT-Ray thing is getting out of hand with the personal insults, ect.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You'll notice that is the usual suspects when these feeding frenzies occur. Some guys are just too insecure, or whatever, that they are always sniping.

Most go by the wayside, but some hang around forever. The price of a free, open, public forum.

Saeed has been quite the gentleman to ignore 99.9% of these "feasts."

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Paul,
The net has brought out many cowards who hide behide the keyboard..

I have asked that others be civil and stop name calling...I remember past disagreements
and friends would blast each other but others would make a comment of two...
This is like a cancer and it is consuming some with hatred...I think there are some personalities here that have a beef with Ray and that is all..
Then to insult Saeed is beyond reproach...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I used to enjoy this site, but the jerks have made it a whole lot less enjoyable. Pull the plug, Saeed. Let them find another forum to pollute.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel Saeed and his moderators are using the correct approach. For the most part the posters to that thread read like the who's who of troll. Keeping that thread open for the most part keeps them busy and confined to one place.
Anyone with the most commonest of sense can truely see whom the ramble are with just a quick glance to that page. Cats

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I respectfully disagree with pulling the plug (even though I don't believe that Saeed would do so). Even with the latest BS, the signal to noise ratio for information and such is still quite high.

Quite honestly don't think that there is another resource on the web that compares with this one. I'd hate to see these forums go away, even for a bit.

It's relatively easiy to ignore those threads and posters that are objectionable. It doesn't take long to determine who to blow off and who to pay attention too.

Personally I wish people would quit trying to defend those who are not asking for defense and just go out and kill something.

I do reminisce about the old ignore button at times though.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Steve, I really appreciate this forum and would hate to see it leave cyberspace. I'm getting really good at figuring out which threads and posters to just ignore. I've probably never said so but, THANKS, Saeed.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you blokes seen Saeed in action on the Political forum.....an area where I usually support him on many of his ideas.

For those that have trouble with the Atkinson/PVT threads is there something that makes its compulsory for you to read the threads and then extend the threads by starting another thread about the threads.

Mike

Posts: 517 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SAEED,
I respect your policy of letting trolls destroy themselves by falling on their own (mouths)swords. It is such arrogance, stupidity, ill manners what they are doing now by challengeing and insulting their own host that you might reconsider your policy and remove these jerks and louts.

Thanks Saeed for creating such a unique web site that allows me to live the African adventure vicariously by listening to those that have been there and done it for real.

I hope your family is doing well after their recent loss and that little girl of yours is full of life and vitality and giving you all kinds of new and wonderful adventures.

John

Nice doesn't mean weak.

Posts: 74 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Rich, and have also learned which threads and posters to ignore. I might miss the best bit of info I need, but I do not go past the first post if I even go that far.

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
This site is a first place in a world wide competition to serve the hunters and shooters of the world. To remove it to stop the misbehavour of a few ignorant, or misguided souls would be a travesty and a grave diservice to decent and civilized mankind. Retrogressive action is not progress. Saeed and the moderators and many of the members here represent some of the finest that this planet has to offer, the rest will fall by the wayside of their own accord. Saeed, AR is and has a perminent first place on the web.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

All of us here at AR appreciate your kind words and support.

I am afraid pulling the plug is NOT an option for us. We would never consider it, least of all because of a few individuals who seem to have lost their manners.

And I can assure you that we are NOT going to let a few misguided individuals destroy your favorite African hunting camp on the Net.

AR will continue doing what it has always done.

Be a place for every individual who values hunting and shooting. Whether they are old hands at hunting Africa, or a new comer looking forward to his first trip.

Those in the safari business will also continue to be welcomed.

And, as most of you know, AR will remain a FREE site. Free from adverts, free from supporting one company over another because they advertise.

We know many of you consider AR as your home on the Net, and we will make sure it remains that way.

This little storm is going to blow away, and all of us will have learnt something from it.

I certainly have, and from the PMs I have received, many of you have learnt the same as well.

Wishing you all the best for the New Year, and good hunting.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not seen where Saeed has been insulted in the Ray/PvT threads. If he has been insulted then it would not amount to .001% of what happens of the Political forum.

But I continue to be amazed by people who don't like threads who seem to be driven to read them and then start other threads complaining about the thread and thus extending it all.

Mike

Posts: 517 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed. Once again you are setting the example for others to follow. If everyone would simply follow the golden rule we could all settle back to thinking and doing what we love.
I personally feel that if we individually avoid those who are set on disruption rather than positive uplifting and beneficial comments they will wither and disappear.
I would again call for ignoring those bent on these lines of balogna.

Thanks Saeed,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that AR is starting to go in the wrong direction. Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul

IMHO it is NOT AR that is going in the wrong direction, it is SOME of the humans that are invading the AR GAME RESERVE that are going in the wrong direction ....

AR is courtesly providing the free medium for discussion, if some of the species choose to be children and forget their manners @ times, then that DOES NOT reflect on AR and the majority of our valued guests, it reflects on the flawed character of the protaginist.

There will always be the lonely misguided souls looking for a fight, they will be eliminated ( figuratively speaking) when they infiltrate for a fight, instead of to provide the guests with information and good discussion.

SAEED ....

You and the other moderators are doing a wonderful job CULLING the (few rouge animals) amongst the herds of Prime African Game Species

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I have been on AR since 1998, just after it started and I have not yet been culled Big Grin

Now if we talk about HA I think I still hold the record for being banned the most times.
Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look the string is there you don't have to visit it. I missed it until another poster brought to my attention and I scanned it once an haven't been back cause I just don't care. hammering mgun

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thank you for allowing us to participate in such a wonderful forum.

BigBullet

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1224 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed you are indeed a class act, thank you TLM/Cats

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Taking everything into consideration, there is never a reason to let the troublemakers dictate what happens here. I just ignore the posts where it's obviously become a personal argument, as I just don't care to be involved in such discussions, if you can call them that.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
How would suspending AR fix or change anything except to hurt Saeed's forums?!

Just ignore threads and posters you do not like or contribute nothing meaningful. Simple.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul K:
Saeed:
I think you should pull the plug ,shut down this web site for a couple of months and let the trash float to the top,give it a good skimming and then FLUSH.
You are one heck of a man to take the insults and slander you are receiving from some people on YOUR web site!!! I think that AR is starting to go in the wrong direction. Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul Kawczk

Why not just directly censor the posts you do not like?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
You are an honorable man, and you obviously have a thicker skin than I do. I just get a little up set at times when people bite the hand that feeds them, so to speak.I too really appreciate this forum and thank you.

Balla Balla:
Agreed

NitroX:
You are probably right, it wouldn't fix a thing.Ignoring some of this is a little hard to do from time to time.I'll try harder Smiler

Paul Kawczk

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 756 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
You'll notice that is the usual suspects when these feeding frenzies occur. Some guys are just too insecure, or whatever, that they are always sniping.

Most go by the wayside, but some hang around forever. The price of a free, open, public forum.

Saeed has been quite the gentleman to ignore 99.9% of these "feasts."

Pardon Will, but didn't you post about a drunk PH and about a lion hunt in a concession that did not even have a lion track? I do not see what the substantive difference is.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

We know many of you consider AR as your home on the Net, and we will make sure it remains that way.

I fully agree with you here Saeed, I have met wonderful persons here on this forum and also have they become really good friends.

As an example will I be sitting in N'gagis hot tub in LA a week from now taking care of my sour feets after SCI convention and sipping on a cold beer (I will buy that).

Also the day before I will meet 30 AR members on an evening dinner to have great fun. A week later there will be over 40 of them in Dallas and I expect the same fun there.

Thanks for letting that happen.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cchunter:
.....I be sitting in N'gagis hot tub in LA a week from now taking care of my sour feets after SCI convention and sipping on a cold beer.....

bewildered Eeker

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy crap...what a ride!"

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Look the string is there you don't have to visit it. I missed it until another poster brought to my attention and I scanned it once an haven't been back cause I just don't care. hammering mgun

Exactly.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike378:
Have you blokes seen Saeed in action on the Political forum.....an area where I usually support him on many of his ideas.

For those that have trouble with the Atkinson/PVT threads is there something that makes its compulsory for you to read the threads and then extend the threads by starting another thread about the threads.

Mike

Talking about starting threads about other threads Mike 378!!!!!!!!
Who started the one about Saeed supporting PVT?
You are just a shit stirrer!!!!
APB

Posts: 223 | Location: Qld, Australia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man,
I thought this was another Rhodesia thread. Pierre just hitched his wagon to the wrong donkey agent, and Ray just got caught in his own web. Nothing new about that plot line. I've put myself in both of those positions more than once in my life.
Now, about Rhodesia.....I hear it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
APB

I have never denied being a shit stirrer.

But you have to have the shit to stir Big Grin

This thread is about 30 postings and the other thread where I asked Saeed to endorse Atkinson/PVT is about 100.

Don as forum administrator said all interest was lost and he said I would see that by the lack of response Smiler Don should stick to computers.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
APB

As a side note......Saeed still won't endorse Atkinson/PVT on a stand alone thread.

What Saeed has against them I have no idea.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, the software for this site incorporates an "Ignore" feature.

Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to use it, despite the fact that its use has been explained numerous times.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike378:
APB

I have never denied being a shit stirrer.

But you have to have the shit to stir Big Grin

This thread is about 30 postings and the other thread where I asked Saeed to endorse Atkinson/PVT is about 100.

Don as forum administrator said all interest was lost and he said I would see that by the lack of response Smiler Don should stick to computers.

Mike

Mike378

Perhaps Don should stick to computers and you should stick to shit. You seem very comfortable throwing it around.

Sorry Frank. Not the golden rule. Just treating him as he treats others.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
This is by far my favorite hunting and shooting site.
Heck I didnt even know until last year that there were such sites as these on the internet.
I have learned a lot just reading and asking questions. thumb

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Gentlemen,

All of us here at AR appreciate your kind words and support.

I am afraid pulling the plug is NOT an option for us. We would never consider it, least of all because of a few individuals who seem to have lost their manners.

And I can assure you that we are NOT going to let a few misguided individuals destroy your favorite African hunting camp on the Net.

AR will continue doing what it has always done.

Be a place for every individual who values hunting and shooting. Whether they are old hands at hunting Africa, or a new comer looking forward to his first trip.

Those in the safari business will also continue to be welcomed.

And, as most of you know, AR will remain a FREE site. Free from adverts, free from supporting one company over another because they advertise.

This little storm is going to blow away, and all of us will have learnt something from it.

I certainly have, and from the PMs I have received, many of you have learnt the same as well.

Wishing you all the best for the New Year, and good hunting.

Well said - the best police is the policeman that polices himself.

All AR readers - use common sense and manners by all means. Respect each other's opinions and be civil.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote