Notify
Tools

Need help..new(?) [Sponsorship?]
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We NEED your help/suggestions, please.

Please bear with me... tu2

AR African Big Game Hunting Forum and Saeed, along with our members here have allowed me to have the genuine privilege to do something I truly enjoy these past three months since I opened up shop as www.TrophyShotPrints.com

Prior to this I was an unemployed Landscape Designer/Contractor for the past 3+ years because of the economy here at home in the Hawaiian Islands.

With humbleness of heart...Thank you all to our present and future clients we now are building what we hope to be an enterprising business meeting the needs/desires of hunters all over the globe!

September 1 marks 3 months in business and we have managed to tweak our website and the sporadic upload problems a few encountered during the first few weeks...now all is GREAT!

So now I look to you for HELP...

I NEED YOUR HELP and SUGGESTIONS...

We operate on a VERY small margin of profit and we desire to keep it that way to make it as affordable as possible to ALL hunters...and still be able to be in business year after year.

I have had several clients recently ask if we are going to at some point develop a FREQUENT BUYER PROGRAM?

Well the answer is YES, when the business matures and stabilizes with enough monthly sales to keep us good.

Now..I NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS from a business standpoint from our members here.

*What type of programs would be a WIN-WIN for us and our present/future loyal client-base?

*Should I consider "TrophyShot Prints.com Annual Membership Program" where hunters get to choose from a variety of "Packages" upfront at a Discounted rate based according to their anticipated needs?

*We are OPEN to your suggestions as we want this a WIN-WIN for everyone!

My wife and I could really use your help and wisdom on what we may want to consider for the welfare of this business and our hunters...we would be extremely grateful for your business savvy!

We're just a very small business but doing incredible work and provide fantastic products...we truly enjoy what we do and we want to offer a program to address our frequent client base but don't know how at the moment because of our very small margin of profit.

We need to create a program that is attractive to BOTH us and our clients.

Feel free to contact me via our website or direct...

lapierre.roland@yahoo.com

We appreciate your help and suggestions!

And this is a good time for me to add... How else may we help you?...What other quality services/products would you like to see from us?

Thank you very much from both of us tu2

Roland & Andrea

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps one way to market / promote your business is to develop relationships with outfitters, PHs, or booking agents and package your product with the hunts being offered. Something like this: the hunter gets X free "standard" prints (standard to be defined by you) and a discount on further products ordered with the first order. Pictures to be submitted by the hunter, the PH, or the outfitter. Subsequent orders are at full price. This will encourage larger first orders. This could be marketed much the same way the hunt videos are offered.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scojac:
Perhaps one way to market / promote your business is to develop relationships with outfitters, PHs, or booking agents and package your product with the hunts being offered. Something like this: the hunter gets X free "standard" prints (standard to be defined by you) and a discount on further products ordered with the first order. Pictures to be submitted by the hunter, the PH, or the outfitter. Subsequent orders are at full price. This will encourage larger first orders. This could be marketed much the same way the hunt videos are offered.

I would very much welcome this type of arrangement...thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us tu2

Roland

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
If you offer a fair price up front, then no need to try and discount later. If margins are tight then offer the best price all the time and when people ask tell them you are already doing the best you can.

Justin

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I told them as a new start-up business I offer everyone the very BEST we can...and you know I crunch everyone's numbers and always do/give my very best always...especially when we start customizing orders such as your printing needs.

So besides the great suggestion by "scojac" I presume offering rock-bottom prices is my best offer right now.

Your reply is very much appreciated tu2

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen your work and it is awesome. When I get back from my latest Tanzania trip in October, I'm planning to get you my photos from this trip and last year's trip and ask you to work your magic.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
And so will I, I"ll get my stuff ready for ya before Xmas for sure.
That's what runs this good ole US of A
Small businesses, contrary to Our Recent Administration BS.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll get ripped for this but here is my honest opinion. Be very, very careful about under charging. In my opinion, not charging enough is an excellent way to go out of business.

Of course, I am not saying you are. I am just offering it as a suggestion and nothing more. Good customer service and quality work is worth paying a good price.

I admire your desire. Getting on here and asking for suggestions is absolutely a great idea and shows that you are the type of person that will listen!

Best of luck, looks like you are on the right track!

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I've seen your work and it is awesome. When I get back from my latest Tanzania trip in October, I'm planning to get you my photos from this trip and last year's trip and ask you to work your magic.

Thank you for your comments!!!
And we are expecting the next few months to be very busy...we have quite a number of hunter who have contacted us expressing the same.
We're ready tu2

Safe hunting!

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
And so will I, I"ll get my stuff ready for ya before Xmas for sure.
That's what runs this good ole US of A
Small businesses, contrary to Our Recent Administration BS.

Right on and we look forward to serving you too tu2

This business has been the best thing that my wife and I could ever imagine...we certainly enjoy seeing every customer impressed and satisfied!

Thank you for your support brother!

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
I'll get ripped for this but here is my honest opinion. Be very, very careful about under charging. In my opinion, not charging enough is an excellent way to go out of business.

Of course, I am not saying you are. I am just offering it as a suggestion and nothing more. Good customer service and quality work is worth paying a good price.

I admire your desire. Getting on here and asking for suggestions is absolutely a great idea and shows that you are the type of person that will listen!

Best of luck, looks like you are on the right track!

Jason I really appreciate your straight forward advice!

When I was putting together my business plan I had a very good friend and a seasoned business owner...who is also a safari hunter advise me.

We hashed it out on many occasions dealing with the topic of under-charging. He advised me as you did...that my business wouldn't last at them prices!

So we came up with a small but decent/fair margin of profit that we could use during our first year of business...knowing that it would take a bit of time to grow and flourish as we anticipate.

I must say I am more than happy with our first quarter results.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts as they're much appreciated. tu2

BTW, I put this on here because this forum/members gave me my start...this is my home!

90% of my business is from right here and I feel I owe them in the sense I am comfortable enough to be transparent here.

First and foremost I am here and in business to SERVE...and in order to be able to serve year after year...I have to make my expenses and turn a profit enough to build and develop this business in the years to come.

I am so very grateful to this Accurate Reloading Forum, Saeed, and its members...this place has been very good to me in a variety of ways that's for sure!

Though I am slowly growing outside this arena and I'm very grateful for that and need that...but again, this is where my roots are planted and I will serve our hunters here with the very best I am able to do for them on every account. tu2

Safe hunting my friend and thanks again!

Roland

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Roland,

I agree with the comments about not yet offering a "frequent printer" program. I think the "seeing is believing" approach to marketing your services might enlarge your market base. I know nothing about the costs of showing examples of your work at safari conventions like SCI or Dallas, but IMHO you would make a tangible impression by having some before and after examples which hunters could see. By definition, a photo posted on the web is not a printed elargement. This would also get you beyond the internet forum addict market group and provide an opportunity for face to face client contact. Maybe share a booth with an outfitter or PH?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
If you offer a fair price up front, then no need to try and discount later. If margins are tight then offer the best price all the time and when people ask tell them you are already doing the best you can.

Justin

+1

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:

Justin

+1

Thank you Bwana tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Roland,

I agree with the comments about not yet offering a "frequent printer" program.

I think the "seeing is believing" approach to marketing your services might enlarge your market base. I know nothing about the costs of showing examples of your work at safari conventions like SCI or Dallas, but IMHO you would make a tangible impression by having some before and after examples which hunters could see. By definition, a photo posted on the web is not a printed enlargement. This would also get you beyond the internet forum addict market group and provide an opportunity for face to face client contact. Maybe share a booth with an outfitter or PH?

If I had the MONIES to do this... This would be the ULTIMATE!!!

If any one here can help me in any way or share a small booth it would be much appreciated...I wouldn't need much space and definitely me and my LARGE Metal Prints will create a BIG IMPRESSION and draw us more clients and have them sticking around a lot longer...seriously!!!... dancing

I'm NOT too proud to say it...the past several years have been humbling financially to say the least...barely able to keep my family's head above water!!!

But could any one there host me or someone/somebody offer SPONSORSHIP?

That may be a PIPE DREAM but I'm not ashamed to ask...YES, I am DESPERATE...and PASSIONATE because I believe in my skill and talent, my high quality prints, and the ability to fervently serve our hunting community with great integrity!!!

I am driven by QUALITY and VALUE...quality service, quality custom enhancements, and quality prints!

If I do that first and foremost... I believe the rest of the business will take care itself in regards to revenue and fair profit!!!

If any one here can help me somehow/someway please post here and/or PM...email

lapierre.roland@yahoo.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Based on my reply above to "Wink"...

I'd like to turn this thread into how could I gain more exposure to market/promote my services/products.

If anyone could help provide SPONSORSHIP/shared booth to DSC or SCI type of venue please contact me it would be much appreciated tu2

I know I'm probably going out on a limb here but I believe in myself and what I offer our fellow hunters!!!

Thank you!

Roland

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Hi Roland-

You might want to offer a few outfitters who have a big presence at the shows a free metal print or two to display in their booth. It would be a nice addition for their booth, and could get you good exposure to your target market.

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by talentrec:
Hi Roland-

You might want to offer a few outfitters who have a big presence at the shows a free metal print or two to display in their booth. It would be a nice addition for their booth, and could get you good exposure to your target market.

Hey brother that's a great alternative I'll gladly consider too tu2

If I can't get in to show off my wares...at the very least somebody can... rotflmo

Thanks Pete!

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland

With the quality of your work - word-of-mouth will be your best ally (many of us have friends who don't AR - no idea why anyone wouldn't - and can talk very positively about your business).

Now, another avenue for business will become (I believe), charging for your time on the photos (vs only the prints). People come back from 14+/- days on safari these days with lets say 500+++ photos. They cull that down, but are left with say 20-30 they really like, and maybe 5-8 they really love. With the shoulder mounts, etc... there just isn't enough space for that many prints x the number of trips some people make.

So, I would suggest, you offer a fee-based service (I would avoid time based, as will only raise questions - flat rate) for taking "average" photos and turning them into something people will be happy to forward their friends (or post here on ARSmiler) or put on iPad and such. As an example, was looking through some of mine the other day, trying to sort them out - I have like 20 photos from a number of trips that are just OK (read boring), and would really do well with your touch... for that, I would gladly pay a fee. But, I just don't have the wall space for that many prints.

My reasoning: is at the price of a safari, the travel, the trophy fees, and everything else. If you were to ask for say even $400 to take my best photos and turn them into spectacular ones, its a small price to pay - no?

In any event, as I've told you before, you work is awesome!

Cheers
Orvar

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
Roland

With the quality of your work - word-of-mouth will be your best ally (many of us have friends who don't AR - no idea why anyone wouldn't - and can talk very positively about your business).

Now, another avenue for business will become (I believe), charging for your time on the photos (vs only the prints). People come back from 14+/- days on safari these days with lets say 500+++ photos. They cull that down, but are left with say 20-30 they really like, and maybe 5-8 they really love. With the shoulder mounts, etc... there just isn't enough space for that many prints x the number of trips some people make.

So, I would suggest, you offer a fee-based service (I would avoid time based, as will only raise questions - flat rate) for taking "average" photos and turning them into something people will be happy to forward their friends (or post here on ARSmiler) or put on iPad and such. As an example, was looking through some of mine the other day, trying to sort them out - I have like 20 photos from a number of trips that are just OK (read boring), and would really do well with your touch... for that, I would gladly pay a fee. But, I just don't have the wall space for that many prints.

My reasoning: is at the price of a safari, the travel, the trophy fees, and everything else. If you were to ask for say even $400 to take my best photos and turn them into spectacular ones, its a small price to pay - no?

In any event, as I've told you before, you work is awesome!

Cheers
Orvar

Hello my friend,

Based on what you have so kindly shared...YES, I will offer that service starting NOW...as I was naive to many of the conditions you outlined.

Thank you...and you know me by our past dealings...I will do anything and everything to help benefit our hunters...again, I'm here to serve first and foremost our hunters varying needs.

If it's in bulk as you described...I would be willing to drop my rate for $20/per photo as long as the client knows that I would need to work it in-between my print orders as my primary...so if they give me "7-10 business days"... its' not a problem for me to fulfill a "bulk custom enhancement only order."

Thank you for laying it out for me plain and simple...my kinda guy...Thank you brother tu2

Aloha!

Roland

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate, if you want to put together some kind of advertorial that explains your service and maybe shows a couple of before and after images that you've worked on and maybe one or two (or more) of the finished (enlarged) product, we'll be happy to add it to the photography section of our website at www.shakariconnection.com for you on a FOC basis. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
^^^
Much appreciated Steve!!!
I'll be in contact to discuss most likely tomorrow mate tu2

Roland

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
OK buddy.... any time you like. Smiler

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
As a former small business owner myself, I'll just say I agree 100% with Jason P about undercharging. It won't get you more business; to the contrary, it might even drive business away.

You need to study your competition and set fees accordingly--higher than those with inferior work, on par with those whose talent matches yours.

I think it is absolutely true that one gets what one pays for - and since your work is demonstrably outstanding, you should be compensated accordingly.

I also believe your confidence and self-esteem will soar if you are paid a fair fee for your work. But underselling will almost certainly foster resentment and negativity, which in turn will affect your work. Customers will sense an attitude and you will lose, rather than gain, business.

And strictly from a marketing perspective, always remember: if your price is too high, you can always lower it; raising prices is a lot more difficult.

And I also learned what to say to people who challenge you on price (fee, commission, etc): "It's simple. I'm worth it."

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1548 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro Express:
As a former small business owner myself, I'll just say I agree 100% with Jason P about undercharging. It won't get you more business; to the contrary, it might even drive business away.

You need to study your competition and set fees accordingly--higher than those with inferior work, on par with those whose talent matches yours.

I think it is absolutely true that one gets what one pays for - and since your work is demonstrably outstanding, you should be compensated accordingly.

I also believe your confidence and self-esteem will soar if you are paid a fair fee for your work. But underselling will almost certainly foster resentment and negativity, which in turn will affect your work. Customers will sense an attitude and you will lose, rather than gain, business.

And strictly from a marketing perspective, always remember: if your price is too high, you can always lower it; raising prices is a lot more difficult.

And I also learned what to say to people who challenge you on price (fee, commission, etc): "It's simple. I'm worth it."

Bless you brother...Thank you for the sage advice tu2

When I first started doing my business plan I was way below the industry norm for my type of work...when I opened up shop I then adjusted it to the bare minimum to try and accommodate everyone's budget.

Now, I realize my clients know me and my work and want/desire me to be compensated fairly...so after this safari season there will be a FAIR increase in price to bring me alongside my peers.

Thank you very much...it's much appreciated tu2

Roland

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Roland,

This might be right time to take your service to the next level; don't just tweak some feeble jpeg files to make prints, offer to work on the RAW files. With those it's possible to make stunning images, correct exposure and white balance, convert to B&W with no loss of quality, etc.

Many of the hunters have DSLRs that can take RAW file images. Some even have high end Nikons, Canons, Leicas just to name a few, but have no idea (or perhaps desire) of how to process the images and no time to embark on months, or years, of learning how to use post-processing software. The result is RAW images with tremendous potential but no exploitation of the possibilities. Right now you are offering a tweaking and printing service on jpegs, which undoubtedly reaches the vast majority of your target market, but doesn't give the advanced beginner like myself the option of giving someone with real post-processing talent a shot at his RAW files.

I think this is a market, even if a small one. But I suspect that it is a bigger market than one would think. It is also one that would take a much larger amount of your time and should come with a commensurate price.

I realize that every camera manufacturer has its own RAW system and the files are enormous. If this is a service you might consider offering, you would obviously have to think about what format files you would accept and have a system allowing the clients to upload monster files. I understand Adobe Camera Raw plug-ins can be downloaded for the most common RAW formats. Some, such as myself, can also save RAW files under the DNG format, but they tend to be even bigger than native RAW files.

So my question to the other AR members is: would any of you want to send RAW files to Roland to really get the most of them before printing? I know I would.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Wink - its gotta be a market.

And, to reply to your speed time... we all wait month (and many times years) for skins and skulls.... we're kinda well "broken in". Don't sweat it!

If you're ready, when I get home India this weekend, the first set of images goes your way. How's that?

Cheers!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
I'm with Wink - its gotta be a market.

And, to reply to your speed time... we all wait month (and many times years) for skins and skulls.... we're kinda well "broken in". Don't sweat it!

If you're ready, when I get home India this weekend, the first set of images goes your way. How's that?

Cheers!

10-4 big buddy I'll be here for you tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay Wink...as I mentioned to you we'll see how many from this survey and I'll set-up accordingly tu2

You got it...I love RAW/DNG files...I have the necessary software and stuff as I am a Canon Shooter Big Grin

And I'll link my Drop Box and update my website, etc. so the uploading of these massive RAW/DNG files are easier to send through.

Now, I have to upgrade my HD to handle the load rotflmo

...and now with these RAW files I'll start offering my split toning and xprocessing enhancements along with my standard custom work tu2

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Roland, worry less about $$$ and more about quality. The hunting community especially, is paying to pay for quality. I would rather pay a fair price than find a cheap alternative that is worthless.

I never want to be the lowest price and never want to be the highest price. Just a fair price with top quality and service.

If you build it right, they will come.

Justin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I never want to be the lowest price and never want to be the highest price. Just a fair price with top quality and service.

Justin

You know me it'll be a FAIR price somewhere in the middle tu2

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Using online services like www.wetransfer.com is a great and free way to move big files easily.

Roland if you want to go to Dallas and cruise the show I think I have a spare exhibitors pass which you are welcome to. It includes breakfast each morning at the omni and a dinner on Wednesday night.

It could be a great networking opportunity for you and a chance to meet other AR members face to face.

Rgds,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
Using online services like www.wetransfer.com is a great and free way to move big files easily.

Roland if you want to go to Dallas and cruise the show I think I have a spare exhibitors pass which you are welcome to. It includes breakfast each morning at the omni and a dinner on Wednesday night.

It could be a great networking opportunity for you and a chance to meet other AR members face to face.

Rgds,
Kiri

Thank you Kiri I appreciate it very much...I will let you know how all of this works out and will definitely keep your offer in mind.

As for now its the best yet tu2

I'll keep in touch brother!

Roland

One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
Hi Roland

One thing I was going to suggest to you that you might want to offer as an additional product is what I call a pocket "brag book". Whenever I go on a guided hunt, or mix with shooters that don't know me, I bring along a small photo album with hunting trophy photos (about 40 pictures with various trophies from 20 years of hunting). Its a good way to show people some of the different hunts I have done.

I go through a few of these albums, as the plastic "pockets" tend to warp in moderate heat and start looking crappy pretty quickly. And good quality, pocket sized albums seem to be getting hard to find these days.

If you could come up with something that fills this niche, I think you would get some good demand.

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana_500:
Hi Roland

One thing I was going to suggest to you that you might want to offer as an additional product is what I call a pocket "brag book". Whenever I go on a guided hunt, or mix with shooters that don't know me, I bring along a small photo album with hunting trophy photos (about 40 pictures with various trophies from 20 years of hunting). Its a good way to show people some of the different hunts I have done.

I go through a few of these albums, as the plastic "pockets" tend to warp in moderate heat and start looking crappy pretty quickly. And good quality, pocket sized albums seem to be getting hard to find these days.

If you could come up with something that fills this niche, I think you would get some good demand.

COOL suggestion my friend...I'll definitely look into it...it's great that folks are sharing their need/want for a larger product line from us tu2

I'll keep you posted Fergus beer

Roland

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
The photo book is a great suggestion. I do one after every safari. Will do one of my kids stuff and USA hunting trips periodically as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:
quote:
Hi Roland

COOL suggestion my friend...I'll definitely look into it...it's great that folks are sharing their need/want for a larger product line from us tu2

Roland

Fergus,

I'm going to "kick it up a notch" as usual...I found just the thing...and once I run off a few samples and inspect the quality of the product I'll let you and others know...But from the looks of it...it has the potential to be a fantastic addition to our product line...much better quality than anything offered than the generic stuff offered by these on-line discount photo labs that's for certain...and the price/value/quality is right tu2

Again...Thanks for the suggestion tu2

As my way of showing my gratitude/appreciation,,,when I get this sorted I will Custom Enhance your images free of charge and you pay for only the ACTUAL book...that is if you're interested
...a HUGE savings... rotflmo

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri you have an incoming mate tu2

One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi Roland

Roland

Fergus,

I'm going to "kick it up a notch" as usual...I found just the thing...and once I run off a few samples and inspect the quality of the product I'll let you and others know...But from the looks of it...it has the potential to be a fantastic addition to our product line...much better quality than anything offered than the generic stuff offered by these on-line discount photo labs that's for certain...and the price/value/quality is right tu2

Again...Thanks for the suggestion tu2

As my way of showing my gratitude/appreciation,,,when I get this sorted I will Custom Enhance your images free of charge and you pay for only the ACTUAL book...that is if you're interested
...a HUGE savings... rotflmo

Roland

Roland

Sounds good. Will be looking forward to getting all the details. Now I will have to sit down and sort through everything I want to collate into the album. I am sure a lot of my photos could do with the enhancement treatment too!

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland,

I'll simply suggest that you offer variety. This has been sort of suggested above.

I work as a product design engineer at a steel mill. The only way that we keep the lines full is by offering wide variety of products. The lines that I design for have never gone down due to lack of orders, and this is the sole reason why.

There are a few caveats to this concept: every product MUST turn a profit, NEVER compete with the generic products, NEVER let quality, and delivery suffer, so don't take on too much.

I am saying, don't compete with Walmart, but do offer some mid-range products to fill out your portfolio. A few folks will shell out $200 for a print. More will shell out $50-$75 plus shipping.

I have seen artists (which is ultimately what you are), focus too narrowly and saturate what turns out to be a small market. Yes, there was repeat business, but it wasn't enough to keep them going. In the end, they diversified, or went under.

Let me know if there is anything a fellow photo enthusiast can help with. PM me anytime. If my elk hunt goes well in two weeks, you will be getting an order.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote