New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOOD NEWS FROM CZ
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
CZ plans to introduce at Shot Show 2005 their new Safari Classic line, which will include not only the .505 Gibbs, but the .404 Jeffery and .450 Rigby as well.

No word on who's going to start making ammo.

Posts: 515 | Location: AZ | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Don't toy with me.

I have always wanted a 404 and the 450 has some appeal, as well.

I've already got the 505.

Posts: 1633 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interboat,

That is great news, where did you hear about it?

Did they indicate what stock pattern they will be producing them in (Lux or American)?

Should be great news for a lot of the 404 enthusiasts! Personally I've been eying the 450 Rigby, but have shied away from it because to my knowledge it was an "orphan round".

--------------

On a separate note it is interesting that this company (CZ) from a former communist country is taking to capitalism, marketing, and listening to their customers rather well --- perhaps better than their American competitors.

EKM

Posts: 289 | Location: Denver, Colorado | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
For those who can't wait for CZ's 450, mine will be for sale after the 18th when I get back . . . and it has a lot of bells and whistles that factory model won't have.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No news on the stock. I'm afraid it'll be their straight American stock, no better than a Ruger. But I bet their European Lux stocks will fit.

Posts: 515 | Location: AZ | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this official? If it is I may just have to go to Reno this year. It is still in Reno this time isn't it. My my my. This could be a dream come true. Good hunting. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot Show is in Las Vegas I believe next year.

SCI in Reno, I've got to think thay will be at SCI too!

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody got the dates for the SCI show in Reno?

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the bolt isn't on the left side, it isn't right!

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Odie, yeah right, how is a normal person supposed to work a gun with the bolt on the wrong side?

Roger, I am not sure I remember which 505 that is, you should post a few pics of it for proof! (In case there are some pics of it I don't have saved somewhere yet!)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I thought that was suppose to be a secret, but the cat is out of the bag now.

The .404's are going to have McGowen barrels if they ever show up. And I heard they ain't going to be cheap like the regular 550's. More like $1800.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
The SCI Convention next year will be the 26-29th of January, 2005. Unfortunately, I think that is the same damned weekend the S.H.O.T. Show is in Las Vegas. Reno and LV may be in the same state, but they ain't close together.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope the 404's come with a set of dies

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Odie,
A man after my own heart. Sure wish CZ would make a left-hand bolt rifle for us.
By the way, did you know the whole world is born left-handed? And you remain that way until you commit your first sin!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ELKampMaster wrote: "On a separate note it is interesting that this company (CZ) from a former communist country is taking to capitalism, marketing, and listening to their customers rather well --- perhaps better than their American competitors."

I would not be surprised if they get a lot of ideas from this very forum. I work in advertising, and the most desirable consumers are those on the cutting edge of a trend (and thus a market). We call them things like "Early Deciders" and "First Influencers," because they spend the money on new products then get other folks fired up about them. How many of us have helped someone new to the sport buy a rifle or get one squared away? How many of those folks bought what we told them was a good piece of gear, or avoided what we told them was bad?

The AR boards were instrumental in letting CZ know the error of their ways on the C-clip issue. We were polite yet forceful -- well, at least I was -- and I'd bet they started watching this board after getting hit with a wave of email from it. I'd also bet they saw how much we put into our gear and how much we talk to others about it. I'd also bet they've been lurking ever since then because someone realized they've stumbled onto a nest of very desirable consumers. They may not make much money selling the 404, 450 or 505, but they will sell them to us, and none of us can keep our mouths shut about a new rifle.

All of this is fine, especially if it puts more guns into the hands of the American public. But there's another bright side to this as well: Jim Carmichael will be very disappointed.

Okie John

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Any chance this is really an MRC action?

Anybody heard/seen any details on the big CZ action?

BTW, MRC told me months ago that 144 was the magic number to get the PH actions started. Last I looked they were at 132. Let's get busy, people!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
What I heard was these are going to be the standard Magnum CZ550 action, barrel contour, American stock.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well looks like I have 3 more cz 550's to Buy

How long before there out ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I would not be surprised if they get a lot of ideas from this very forum. I work in advertising, and the most desirable consumers are those on the cutting edge of a trend (and thus a market). We call them things like "Early Deciders" and "First Influencers," because they spend the money on new products then get other folks fired up about them.

Well then, Ihope they take serious note ......

Quote:

And I heard they ain't going to be cheap like the regular 550's. More like $1800.

I hate to think what they will cost in Oz !!!!

PS If the usual excessive markup down here is applied, I think I know where I can get a custom M98 made up cheaper.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote