Find
Notify
Tools

Got a letter from USF&W
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Emailed to me, actually, and related to the Humane Society lawsuit. I had asked to not have my name shared. Not in business for myself and shouldn't be covered by the terms of the settlement. Sent in my letter of objection nonetheless several months ago, just to be sure.

The letter provided a list of imports made and said all but one of my importations would be redacted from the list to be given to the Humane Society. The unredacted information on the list was about me importing a bear. Problem is I have never killed one, much less imported one. Have 10 days to respond to the letter.

So I called the office number provided in the letter and shared that information. Seems that there are those with a similar name who are also on that list, including one who is in the taxidermy business. Doesn't sound good so far.

However, the officer (Mr. Jenkins) did share with me that only the business names would be given to the Humane Society. He was very clear in saying that all names of individuals will be removed from any information that is given out. So even though that person has nearly my same name and has apparently imported at least 6 bears, it's his business name that will be shared.

"They" can no doubt research and get his name if they choose, but it's unlikely the two of us will be confused with each other.

I'm not speaking to the wholly improper intent of this information being given out. Just to the matter of my name being shared and being the potential subject of harassment as a result. For now at least, it seems to be OK.

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Gee, what the hell

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Got the same email today. Talked with a nice young man at Conservation Force and sent it to their office for review. Will see what they weigh in with...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few of us got something similar related to elephants and rhino a month or so ago .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
A few of us got something similar related to elephants and rhino a month or so ago .

Add baboons to the list...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got the same letter as well. Says my personal name will be withheld.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto. My taxidermist and the companies I hunted with do appear on the list.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote