THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Help Wanted to bring a Jacket from USA to South AFrica

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Wanted to bring a Jacket from USA to South AFrica
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted
If there is anyone who is prepared to help me by bringing a Carrhart jacket from USA to Johannesburg it will be much appreciated.

Jacket will be shipped to you and received at Oliver Tambo.

Thanks a lot for any offer to do this for me. Please let me have your shipping address to andrew@mclarensafaris.com Thanks.

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

I can do it but not until Sept.

I love Carrhart stuff for Africa. Twice the quality at half the cost.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,
Carhartt is pretty common around here, maybe someone could buy it here and save the shipping costs.
Also, try www.sierratradingpost.com
They seem to have alot of carhartt year round...some 2nds, some overstock/last year stuff. All clearly labeled as to whether it's 2nd or not.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
You know I'd be glad to help, but, I, too won't be in JNB until Sept 8th at Afton. I'd buy you a steak that night if you can wait that long.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
If there is anyone who is prepared to help me by bringing a Carrhart jacket from USA to Johannesburg it will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for any offer to do this for me. Please let me have your shipping address to andrew@mclarensafaris.com Thanks.

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew, I am coming over Aug 15 Looks like I will be overnighting in Joe burg before I head to Zambia. I may be about to get the Jacket at near cost. My email is Jeff@JHINC.US
let me know.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
quote:

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew, I am coming over Aug 15 Looks like I will be overnighting in Joe burg before I head to Zambia. I may be about to get the Jacket at near cost. My email is Jeff@JHINC.US
let me know.

Jeff,
What you goin to Zambia for?
Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3528 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
must be one hell of a jacket jumping

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
375 fanatic, It is indeed one hell of a jacket.

Thanks to all for suggestions and help. I've sent some private e-mails and I'm m sure the problem is getting solved. Wink

Thanks to Saeed and AR Forum again. Yet another s=uccess story of a help request flooded with help offers! dancing

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I'll be in j-burg Aug 31 be happy to help you out.

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
quote:
quote:

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

let me know.

Jeff,
What you goin to Zambia for?
Steve

Steve, I am visiting my friend Damien Gaten, He
owns a fairly large ranch. I am going to visit relax and look for a really big leopard.

Sorry I am just now getting back to you. Loved your pics. VERY COOL

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
And a new axle for my cruiser?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9953 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

can I get one in my carry on? Wink

Fairgame what does a one day hunt cost for a lechway. Wish I had the funds and the time for one of those 30 inchers you took Steve on.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

I depart from DC to Atlanta and on to Joburg on 28 July, arriving 29 July and will be staying with friends in Joburg until 1 Aug when am off to Windhoek. You would have the jacket shipped to my Washington, DC address.

PM me if that works.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew, If you dont mind me asking, which jacket is this?

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Fairgame what does a one day hunt cost for a lechway. Wish I had the funds and the time for one of those 30 inchers you took Steve on.

Jeff,

It is about $2,000 for the tag alone and then we would have to negotiate a daily rate. Best would be to get together two or three to split the daily rate. Otherwise it becomes expensive for just one animal - airfares, dip & pack, freight of trophy etc

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jeff,

It is about $2,000 for the tag alone and then we would have to negotiate a daily rate. Best would be to get together two or three to split the daily rate. Otherwise it becomes expensive for just one animal - airfares, dip & pack, freight of trophy etc

Andrew

I was over in 08 and the company I was with at the time was trying to sell me a one day hunt for 7500.00

Thought that was pretty high.
Thanks for the info.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Tell that company that the tag plus hunting rights comes to exactly $1,900. Most outfitters will load this but seven and a half grand is taking the piss.

Are you sure this was not Black Lechwe? If so then consider an additional $2,500 charter to the above.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell that company that the tag plus hunting rights comes to exactly $1,900. Most outfitters will load this but seven and a half grand is taking the piss.

Are you sure this was not Black Lechwe? If so then consider an additional $2,500 charter to the above.

I am sure. We would call it something else "taking in the ___"

I elected not to do that hunt. They think just because your over they got you.

Thanks for the info again.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Wish you had asked before I was there in May.

Please give my regards to Cecilia.

Charles

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pennsyltucky
posted Hide Post
I'll land in Jo'Berg on 8/1. PM me if the situation is not yet resolved.

Posts: 93 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew left you a e-mail this morning.
Ready willing and able

Just let me know

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame, is it a broken axle shaft, gears or just torn up axle. Axle shafts are not overly hard to replace.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
When Andrew gets about 10 of the jackets he'll be opening an outlet.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote