New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Not A Chair?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm trying to figure something else to use a buffalo backskin for. I've got boots, soft gun cases. Why not furniture. Does anyone know a company that could use the skin to make a chair? I'm sitting in one, that if you laid the chair on its side it would more or less look like the number 5. Turn the 5 upside down and you about have it when you are sitting in it. The chair has a leather back, a leather sling seat, and two leather attachments as arm rests. It is pretty comfortable for working at a desk or computer.

I think I saw Saeed with something similar using zebra. I need to use buffalo. Have any of you had a leather chair made from buffalo?

Posts: 13856 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not me and they are commercial recliners, but my sister has 2 that bought quite some time ago. they have held up wonderfully

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
We have an Upholsterer here Ken that could probably do it for you if you can provide him a picture to go by.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.franklong.com/

We met Frank years ago on an elk hunt. We see him every year at SCI and his booth is pretty popular. Attached is his link and a photo of an American Bison chair a friend of ours bought.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9477 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elephant leather worked really well for the wife and I in my trophy room. Search around in the thrift stores until you find the frame and size you like, then take it to a good upholstery shop.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote