Notify
Tools

Shakari
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take care and get well soon!

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
Get Well Real Soon !

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate!!

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here's hoping that they don't have to use the big square needle. not fun stuff to have. our best for a quick recovery

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had it once, diden't much care for it. Do what they tell you to and you will come around pretty quick. Hang in there.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well Bwana, all the best!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wishing you a speedy recovery Steve!

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Get well soon buddy Smiler

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's to a speedy turn around..

Been there done thate.. Several times..

So, take it easy when you feel well. Coz guess what.. You won't be well long if you at all push it. Take your time on recovery, that will help keep you from a relapse

MopaneMike

Posts: 1112 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shakari and I shared one of the nicest breakfasts one morning in Tanzania. Am sending best hope and prayers for a quick and easy recover!

I would love to hunt with him.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mstarling,
be careful what you wish for you might get it!!!! he was a misery in Uganda or should I say he was in misery since he had Malaria. I just heard he's on the mend. so I guess Susan can put the shovel away rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One more prayer for a quick recovery!!! tu2

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mend well you are a great guy... bless Susan the nurse.

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
LATEST FROM THE SICK BED!!!
In between all the splutterings, hacking and coughing, I managed to understand that I was please to thank everyone for their messages of sympathy. Steve is slowly mending and at the moment sleeps for about fifteen hours a day. Contrary to Don saying that Susan could put the shovel away, she is now using it to control the patient. Hence the fifteen hour a day sleeping. Roll Eyes Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THAT's the feisty that we expect!!!! Big Grin

Tell Susan not to damage the shovel too much Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's sleeping 8 hours a day and play opossum the other 7Smiler Get well quick, brother.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It just occurred to me, all he needs to sort himself out is some yogurt. Ask, hooker, he'll explain itSmiler

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Good news! Steve, I had mycoplasm pneumonia about 10 years ago when I was in my late 40s, and it took a couple of months to get back to normal. Be patient; you'll be yourself again but you have to take it easier than you can bear, at times.
Keep mending, and thanks for all your wonderful posts here.
Bill

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just got email from him. SHIT the wake is off he's going to come through rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you all for your concern folks.

I thought I was going to have this thing beaten in a week or two but am beginning to get the impression it's going to be a much longer job than that. As it is, I can barely walk a handful of steps or get more than a few words out without having to stop for rest.

The good news is I've had a chair and my Dickson put out underneath my fever trees and any vulture that lands nearby and starts eyeing me up is gonna get both barrels slap in the boat race. rotflmo

My apologies if some of my posts appear a tad brief in the coming weeks. Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hang in there! Pneumonia sucks. I ended up with it two years ago after surviving H1N1 (apparently pneumonia is a common after-effect of swine flu) and it cost me my entire deer archery season. Hate to say it, but it was about two months before I was back 100%.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell even the vultures have more self respect than to come after your old worn out carcass. rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on a full and speedy recovery, Shakari.

There are entirely too many reports of illness and injury here lately. You people please take better care of yourselves. Wink

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Better tomorrows Steve!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The vultures don't bother me. It's those damned Maribous that give me the chills!

Feel better fast, old friend.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we need to take up a collection to buy Susan a new shovel she will have her old one worn out soon keeping Steve quiet. he's such a cry baby a little smokers cough and you would think he's sick or something rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
She's just hired a mini digger..... Eeker

one of us
posted Hide Post
happy you are on the mend Steve tu2

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mini digger!! three short Africans with shovels rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of MattMck
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate. Keep healthy for the next few years I'm saving up to hunt with you!

Matt

I do not hunt in order to kill, but kill in order that I have hunted.

'If ur'e gonna do it, do it right!'

Posts: 77 | Location: England | Registered: 12 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Steve, hope you are well soon!

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I just postponed things!!! Sheesh..you better stomp on those buggers and the vultures.

Get well soon

Warm regards

Saeed