THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    These Prices Make Tanzania Look Cheap !!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These Prices Make Tanzania Look Cheap !!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray

He ain't gonna take you up on that bet, he doesn't hava leg to stand on.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray: I have little doubt you can arrange for a PG hunt for 10 days for a couple animals such as warthog,implala, etc for MUCH less than some fenced ranch elk hunts that run upwards of 10K for a buy "as big as you want,100% kill trophy", even less than a trophy muley deer hunt in some places like Mexico for 30" deer,etc.
I am not disputing the costs of an African trip, hell I've been to RSA and Zim, and Namibia and have no intention of stopping just because my hair is nearly gone and what I have left is gray.
What my original post was directed at is the common phrase so many booking agents use to catch hunter's attention at sports shows, and in their advertisments...let's face it be honest you've heard the line yourself.... "I (booking agent) can send you to Africa for what you'd pay for a good elk hunt" rarely do you hear them include costs such as baggage,trophy shipments,passports,med. ins., shots, etc,tips, etc.
Anyone with even the slightest intellegence knows these costs need to be factored in for a final cost.
Yes I agree any booking agent that is not a "fly by night" operation can and will provide a reasonble total price on request.
My current trip (I'm passing time till the dates arrive) is for PG to Namibia. 10 days hunting PG just south of Etosha, 1 day tour Etosha, trophy fees paid for Hartma's zebra, oryx,kudu, springbuck,warthog, blue wildebeest, transfers from Windhoek, nice lodge with food,wines,beer,liquor, dipping (not shipment) for $4000 + $2000 (est. )air rnd trip from LVI. I could and have found elk hunts on private ranch land for $6000 or less including my air, I cannot find any big bears for that price, or sheep ,or moose in AK,etc.
** as for your sucker bet, no way. I'm old and fat not stupid .Wyn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,
Funny you should mention that, I have received several emails form some of the boys around here telling me his stories on several different boards are completely conflicting...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ForestB...bite me
I don't know what makes you think you know a rat's ass about me nor do I presume to know why you lashed out, but allow me to give you a few contacts if you so wish to make a few calls, then wipe the egg off your face!
All Alaska Outdoors/Bob& Tyna Ledda
Andy Kockette Safaris/Zimbabawe
Jim McCarthy Adventures(my booking agent) Pa
Muskwa Safaris/BC
Alpine Hunting/ NZ
etc,etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray let me guess your old buds Nitro and 500 were a couple of them,you are about to get mail with a subject line Wyn at the addy you have listed in profile. Wynwood

One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm grilling you wynwood , but when did you hunt with Muskwa Safari's? Shoot anything nice?

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
wynwood, I don't need to check your references. Your posts provide all the information I require. Maybe it was when you posted that you use your US cell phone when on safari?

Whew, I feel better now.

***edited to make suitable for viewing by children***

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, as long as I am going to get the blame for this thread, I want Wynwood to tell us more about the 2 cape buffalo he says he shot in Zimbabwe with a 45-70 during the "World War II era". Exactly what year is that? And what country?

And I want to know why he posted on http://www.go-on-safari.com that he has only been on a plains game safari to Namibia, if it is really true that he has shot 19 cape buffalo as he posted on http://www.nitroexpress.com and has hunted several African countries as posted here.

These things are so confusing to me.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What puzzles me about this guy is he emails me at home and signs his name as the Reverend, Terry L. Murphy, then tells everyone to kiss his ass, bite me etc...That don't sound like a pastor to me, and my sons a pastor, so I know they don't act like that and if one does then he should be gilflurted and stringhaultered...

My take is the guy is a few bricks short of a load!...and who cares how many Buffalo he has shot, if he has.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My current trip (I'm passing time till the dates arrive) is for PG to Namibia. 10 days hunting PG just south of Etosha, 1 day tour Etosha, trophy fees paid for Hartma's zebra, oryx,kudu, springbuck,warthog, blue wildebeest, transfers from Windhoek, nice lodge with food,wines,beer,liquor, dipping (not shipment) for $4000 + $2000 (est. )air rnd trip from LVI. I could and have found elk hunts on private ranch land for $6000 or less including my air, I cannot find any big bears for that price, or sheep ,or moose in AK,etc.
** as for your sucker bet, no way. I'm old and fat not stupid .Wyn

BALLBUSTER, is that you again?

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trapntrav: I hunted Muskwa with Gary & Sandra Vince in early October 1990 ( the Vince's have since sold ) hunting both the Muskwa and Prophet River camps with a guide named Danny Deserly(?). Passed on a smallish inland grizzly, killed a 58" moose (25 pts 19" palms) on the famed "Prophet shelf", a mtn caribou and a med. sized 6x6 elk (this was shortly after the area had gone to pt restriction on elk). My 14 day hunt wasa cut short due to a forest fire in the area an the RCMP forced evacuation of all camps,residents,etc.
Gary ran a top notch camp, good equipment, food, guides. But he himself had little personality.
I am wondering why you asked? Wyn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray: I tried to be a gentleman with you and keep it out of posts on the Internet requesting email replies . I took you for being above that, unlike a very few other posters here at AR and a other message boards.
Apparently I misjudged you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ForestB: Though your last post does not warrant a reply I will humor myself and ask you...have you ever heard of a quad-ban cell phone?
Naw! I didn't think you did.
Next time your on one of those pennned lion hunts try one, the Mrs. will be happy to hear of your conquest.Wyn

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

wynwood,
I don't intend to get ugly in a post, but come on keep to the facts, not what you assume..be fair is all I ask...

I can send you on a 5 to 7 day safari for the cost of some Idaho elk hunts and get you 3 to 5 head of game, including airfare .....I can also send you on a 10 day 7 or 8 head of game for the cost of a Mule Deer hunt, some fenced elk hunts or some whitetail hunts and include your airfare....

Care to make a wager? If I lose you go free, if I win you book a 10 days PG Safari..

What did I tell you WYN? The above from a man who knows what he's talking about! Wink If you doubt he can do it, take the bet! Cool

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend wynwood:
Next time your on one of those pennned lion hunts ...

He grew up in a pretty rough pen.

Got any pics of your own that you'd like to share? I didn't think so.

To everyone else, I apologize for my outburst. I hope everyone realizes it's out of character for me, but this phony really gets under my skin. Maybe I shouldn't have visited the Ignorance Crater. Smiler

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NA cheaper than Africa? Well, let's see, I've only been on one trip to Africa and the TOTAL (from my front door and back) cost, was under $12K for 8 very nice trophy animals or about $1500 per animal.

Now I live in Montana and I hunt (unguided) damn near every day of the season. I have 3 "trophy" animals tags to fill each year for sure. Antelope, deer and elk. (Granted I shoot a bunch of does for meat but they don't count here.) My TOTAL expences for hunting season run about $3K+. (I hunt in several areas of the state and so have the expences you'd expect with a couple of thousand miles of driving, food etc.) Now, generally I get a nice antelope buck, and a buck deer of either species. Some years, most unfortunately, I don't shoot a bull elk. So, my cost per trophy is $1500 each if I don't get a bull elk and $1000 if I do. Remember here, this is non-guided hunting.

Now, could someone please explain to me how, on a per trophy basis, a guided hunt NA could possibily be cheaper than Africa?

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen brother.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish Wyn would explain to me how he can be in Alaska, where he spends 6 months each year according to him, so he cannot post pictures of his deeds daring, whenm, in fact, he was posting from some highschool in Penn. according to his IP address, so that had to be a blatant untruth for the good reverend??? Thou shalt not Lie reverand...You been had and its time for you to skeedaddle sir... bull troll thumbdown

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I've gone back to edit my post. I didn't realize I was talking to a kid.

wynwood, actually you have a gift that you should put to use. You need to get a summer internship with Ray. You've got everything it takes to be a booking agent. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
"Wynwood" or should I call you Charlie,

Please do not include me in your delusions. I am not interested. I haven't sent anyone any emails. Your own posts under your two AR aliases speak enough for themselves.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

He grew up in a pretty rough pen.

It that's a canned lion, he sure had a tough roommate! Eeker roflmao

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...whenm, in fact, he was posting from some highschool in Penn. according to his IP address, ....

Didn't we have trouble with a few trolls from a high school, in PA, a while back? (Actually, I think it was over on HA, so that's been a little while...).

Some "academy" called The Hill, or something to that effect?

Anybody else remember that? A few kids would post to themselves, answering themselves under various names, until they were "outed". Then when caught, one claimed that another kid had gotten access to his computer, unknown and unauthorized supposedly.

What's the chances?? Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cold Bore:
quote:
...whenm, in fact, he was posting from some highschool in Penn. according to his IP address, ....

Didn't we have trouble with a few trolls from a high school, in PA, a while back? (Actually, I think it was over on HA, so that's been a little while...).

Some "academy" called The Hill, or something to that effect?

Anybody else remember that? A few kids would post to themselves, answering themselves under various names, until they were "outed". Then when caught, one claimed that another kid had gotten access to his computer, unknown and unauthorized supposedly.

What's the chances?? Confused

That's the story Carmello used. Who'd of thought? jump

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I had my suspicions, but now they've been confirmed.

What a loser.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here laughing to myself: kids, Charlie, Carmello,etc.
You boys are a paronoid lot for certain!
Emailing yourselves back and forth doing your best sleuth work...why not just ask Ray? He knows my name and has my home email address too.
Better yet, this show a very few of you put on is destined to become a classic "Keystone Cops" flick.
If you choose not to read or believe what I post do you really really think I care? Cause if you do you may wish to visit the local shrink and have your egos adjusted.....couple of you went as far as allowing your inflated egos make comments on the 100# ele thread speak for itself.....forgetting about a family/community stricken with crop damage and human loos and bitching that you didn't have a chance to fly over and kill the beast yourself. now if that isn't ego an pomp what is??????????????????????????????????????????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wynwood

I didn't suggest you are/were Carmello. I just pointed out that Carmello claimed some teenage hacker from Penn or someplace like that stole his IP and posted a few hundred posts here without his knowledge. Roll Eyes

I really have no idea nor interest in who you are or what you have to say. As has been pointed out, your tales change from forum to forum.

I stuck up for you on NitroExpress and gave you the benefit of the doubt as you will remember. Then when I read some of your stuff on Phil's site I saw what the others were talking about in your tales.

It is really a small world on the internet.

Why not change your handle and come back as a maybe one time hunter in Africa? there is nothing wrong with that.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
for about the 100th time I shall reply to the point you refer to when I said "......I've been on 1 Namibia PG safari..." you know the one 500 likes to take out of text so often.
I have hunted Namibia for PG 1 time to this point, true but I have also hunted RSA several times, an Zim several times fore both PG & DG.
The majority of all my hunting is done with a bow & arrow...a point a few posters like refering to as "stunt hunts" I have also killed a few buff with a 45-70 though the majority of those I've killed were killed with a 458 Lott.
you mentioned Phil, odd you should say that as I'm waiting at Phil's request until Nov of this year to set the dates for my hunt with him for buff with my bow in Tanz.
Just sent you a picture of me an a bow buff from Zim, check your email

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you want a picture post your addy chickenshit

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahh but isn't he special....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
a mighty ele slayer such as you scared of a little virus Smiler
tell you what... yesterday I emailed one to Mickey1 it took me 20 minutes to upload the attachment, I do not have the latest equipment or connections (still using dial up), but later today more towards evening I'll find a free web host and TRY to upload or whatever it's called a picture there to begin with. IF I figure it out and it works I'll upload more as time allows an I scan them.
* I know you an others have requested pics several times to show some proof of my bow hunting kills namely buff, and this is the reason I've never taken the time coupled with I really did not care whom believed me or not. But now it seems to have reached a point where a few of you have gone as far as to outright call me a liar. I shall TRY to get these pictures (all old Blk&White from the 50s-60s)at least a few posted. Wyn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wynwood:
a mighty ele slayer such as you scared of a little virus Smiler
tell you what... yesterday I emailed one to Mickey1 it took me 20 minutes to upload the attachment, I do not have the latest equipment or connections (still using dial up), but later today more towards evening I'll find a free web host and TRY to upload or whatever it's called a picture there to begin with. IF I figure it out and it works I'll upload more as time allows an I scan them.
* I know you an others have requested pics several times to show some proof of my bow hunting kills namely buff, and this is the reason I've never taken the time coupled with I really did not care whom believed me or not. But now it seems to have reached a point where a few of you have gone as far as to outright call me a liar. I shall TRY to get these pictures (all old Blk&White from the 50s-60s)at least a few posted. Wyn

Wnwood

Use Photobucket. It took me 20 minutes to download it also as I am on the end of a long string with my tincan. 19000kps.

Interesting picture and looking forward to more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mickey1 glad you saw the pic, as you said you defended me at a time. I sent it to you 'cause I felt I owed you that much. Wish I could see ole 500's face and a few others whom called me a BSer soooo many times when I get it on Photobucket.
That was real hunting back then, free to go where we wished (within reason) and everything was knew....PHs laughed when I showed up in camp with a bow, until it often dropped the animals quicker than they thought possible.
Well at least you know I am not blowing smoke up your butt! Wyn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some context for the photo.

quote:
Originally posted by wynwood (on another forum):

was directed here from another site, decided to register.
mainly a bow hunter myself but have been to Namibia on a plains game rifle safari now going back with my bow in '06 have deposits paid and trying to run pages off the calendar ....of course at my age I hope the pages don't speed by too quickly.
Wynwood, A.K.A. Terry

That statement does not seem to reconcile with those below:

quote:
originally posted by wynwood (on yet another forum):

I hunted Zimbabawe for Old George with my bow twice. Twice I can out of it with the skull mount. I was then shooting an 82# Hoyt compound and Alum. shafts. The first bull I had a complete passthru with both lungs being hit. He and his commrade ran off into the dust. We allowed 1 hour then trailed him up ...only to find him within 50 yards stone dead. My second bull was not a passthru but I collapsed 1 lung and hit the top of his heart...this old boy ran almost 300 yds out into the ( he was in sight the entire time in short grass but laid up in head high reeds about 50 yards square. After waiting we circled to get the wind correct then my PH started in with me carrying a rifle the head tracker had been carrying right behind him. We literally walked up to within 10 feet of him before we saw him. He too was dead.
Intrestingly both bulls died just as fast as they would have with a single 458 Lott thru their lungs.

quote:
originally posted by wynwood (on another forum):

you mention the need to be some sort of super hero to hunt with an "inadequate weapon" and why don't I use my 500 or my Searcy. 1st I choose to use my 45-70 and a bow 2nd those buff were killed in Zimbabawe not Namibia as you seem to enjoy refering to. 3rd I did not mention killing buff with my 458 Lott because that was not my point of reference in those posts on another forum, (FTR I have killed 19 of the species with several different weapons).

quote:
originally posted by wynwood (on another forum):

Those decades you ask upon (45-70) reach back to era WWII when safaris were truely safaris and just getting across the big salt pond was time consuming.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and yet once more I ask myself why bother to begin with, surely no need to justify myself to the likes of you
fact is super sleuth I could sit here in the cool of this AC den of mine pull up every thread listed under 500 gr and pick them apart /take them out of context/etc but you're hardly worth the effort.
you know I think what burns your scrawny ass the most is I've been there done it and then gone back and redone it at a time when it took much more effort than it does today to even get across the pond.
why not just go tell your inflated ego pards about that 1 elephant you killed again and again and again and........... like you tell us over and over and over and.......
*check out my new thread

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok I have a few pictures scanned, went to photobucket and registered...waiting on an "activation link" to be sent to my email

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wynwood:
ok I have a few pictures scanned, went to photobucket and registered...waiting on an "activation link" to be sent to my email

I recieved 4 pictures from Wynwood. I will post them under the name Wynwoods Pictures.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for the record. it was kids in NJ not PA and they didn't Hi-jack an IP.

Not tring to be rude just updating you all on the facts.

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, Africa is a BARGAIN compared to the US these days. Compare 10 days on safari in the RSA and seven serious trophies (Kudu, Wildebeest, Zebra, Gemsbok, Blesbok, Impala, Steenbok) for a total of $15,000 including taxidermy fees vs up to $24,000 for a weekend hunt for one trophy Whitetail deer!!!!!!

I'm going back!!!!

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
There oughta be a $5.00 find for whining on this board...

I have no regrets...then there is that big $40,000 car you drive and that $500,000 home you live in, cut both those costs in half and you you live just as well and you can hunt all you want the rest of your life...

Ray, I'm with you.

I live in and OLD house, drive a car with 133,000 miles on it. Owe nobody anything, and hunt 40 days a year in Africa.

What a way to go.

LOL, Terry, I'm still working on that. My car only has 125,000 miles on it and I won't make it to Africa again for a couple of years. Going to leave lots of time for target practice and meat hunting here in Texas

Enjoy Africa for me!!

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote