New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadians hunting in Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Would like to ask Canadians who are planning a hunt, or, who have hunted in Zimbabwe since sanctions were brought and temporary export permits are no longer being issued. If have you have taken your own guns, have you been asked for an export permit on your return? Or, have you gone the back door route and booked separate tickets and hoped for the best.

I have talked to a number of guys who have hunted Zim the last couple years and they said they didn't even know they needed an export permit. I doubt ignorance will get you off if asked for your export permit and you couldn't produce one, but is there such a disconnect between border services and export control that it isn't enforced?

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
I had 2 Canadians hunt with us last year. Neither had any problems with bringing rifles etc . Both of them however travelled through South Africa with seperate tickets to Harare, so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you are better off using separate tickets. since you are dealing with governments bureaucratic BS. if you try to book your rifle straight though some minor bureaucratic could ruin your whole trip just to prove he is a big shot.
moat people I know book to RSA then separate to Zim.
Aubrey might know more since he can do vip clearing for you at RSA well worth the money. if you can catch him hahahahahahaha

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote