New
Find
Notify
Tools

scoring
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i hunted namabia last aug. the ph there scored everything i took there. but its scored different than sci scores. why is it different? he used napha scoring. thanks lee

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your Ph was most likely was scoring by Roland ward standards not sci standard

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
You can have your trophies scored by an SCI Official Measurer after you receive them at your home. Your PH may have scored them only for the Namibia medal system, although I thought that followed the SCI system. Maybe not? Also, most African taxidermists have SCI Official Measurers on staff/available to measure client trophies but you need to ask that they be measured and the forms signed and sent to you.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok thanks i will check it out

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Namibian Ph's can rectify me but as far as I know the NAPHA system is based upon the SCI system but works in centimeters not inches.

So if you have your scores in Centimeters just divide them by 2.54 to get inches.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote