THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Bell would have preferred a 250-3000...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bell would have preferred a 250-3000...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
...or at least I would have! This .250 sure knocks the socks off anything that Savage ever made.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely...gorgeous

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice 500grains. I have a 250 savage I absolutly love the cartridge, its ashame it is not more popular, its ashame the 243 has butted in.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 Grains,

Many years ago, I saw a .250-3000 double in H S Bandukwala's gun shop in Bombay though it did not look as nice as this one is. That one, too, was a Westley Richards and it has probably been brought to the west by WR's Walter Clode who keeps advertising in the Indian newspapers every Sunday asking for double rifles, shikar photographs, letter to the erstwhile Indian royalty from the British royals etc.

Beautiful rifle!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am almost in tears over that one, I want it...

I am an avid fan of the 250-3000 Savage in both bolt persuasion and in the old Savage Mod 99 Fs and EGs..I have killed a number of elk and a ton of deer with one in my early years..Just an exceptional cartridge that kills out of porportion to its size, much like the 7x57 in that respect...or so it seems to me...

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember reading some time ago about an official of one of the American natural history museums -- perhaps it was the Smithsonian -- who had the job of traveling the world and collecting big game specimens to bring back to America for display in his museum; if I remember correctly, he was doing this post WWI, but before WWII. I'm sorry that I don't remember the magazine in which I read this, or the name of the person, or the name of the museum. What I do remember is that, by his choice, he used a .250-3000 caliber Savage 99 because he thought that this rifle did an excellent job of killing without unnecessarily harming the pelts or skeletons of the animals, thus making the job of preparing these animals for exhibit as easy as possible.

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mama, buy me one of those!
Bravo

Posts: 109 | Location: New Mexico,USA | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote