New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 in Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What countries accept the 9.3x62 round for DG?

Is over the counter ammo readly available?

What DG calibers are easily availble over the counter.

Its been a hell of a party Woodrow

Posts: 46 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is legal for DG in Zim. Generally speaking, Zim has run out of ammo in every caliber due to lack of foreign exchange.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALF:
What is unknown at this point is the true status with regards to PMP and their ability to market and produce ammo.

I bought 4 boxes of 9.3 ammo from PMP this fall. Hopefully they will remain in business.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a stable caliber in Namibia... German influence no doubt.
Aaron

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
9.3X62 ammo is widely available in France and Germany, and I would suspect in Sweden and Finland as well. The cartridge remains popular with those who hunt wild boar, moose and stag with a bolt action rifle.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
quote:
Originally posted by ALF:
What is unknown at this point is the true status with regards to PMP and their ability to market and produce ammo.

I bought 4 boxes of 9.3 ammo from PMP this fall. Hopefully they will remain in business.

I got this information from one of my sources within the Denel:

"-Spoke to my contact at PMP this morning and he informed me that PMP has been given another financial life line from Government, so for the time being things seem to be shaping up again for PMP. They have recalled some of their former top management staff to get things moving again, including the general manager, Carel Wolhuter. My contact also informed me that PMP are possibly looking for an established International partner."

We will see how things goes...

Happy New Year my darling Ester!

Husky

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought PMP components and Lyman dies off the shelf for the 9.3x62 in SA. My PH in Namibia was a bit confounded by the caliber (young man that was into 7mm type magnums) but ammo was readily available in Windhoek.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Husky: Don´t even think about it! Your wife is a nice lady!

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cewe:
Husky: Don´t even think about it! Your wife is a nice lady!

cewe,
thats not my wife -it's Ms Lampenius!

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Husky: I think she´s gone a bit overboard this Christmas Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Zim, Namibia and most of SA it is legal to hunt DG with 9.3x62. Not legal in KwaZulu Natal in SA.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andy
posted Hide Post
John,

I believe that Norma ammo is available all over the world. Even though the 9.3 x 62 mm is an unusual caliber here in the USA, we can still purchase Norma ammo loaded w Nosler or their own bonded Oryx (spelling?) line of bullets.

My only concern about a 9.3 x 62mm is that if you use it for PG, I was surprised that I was shooting as far as I was when I hunted in Zimbabwe late season. (100 - 200 m).

You might send North Frok an e mail and see if Norma loads their 286 grain bonded solid base yet. I think they are loading his 6.5mm bullets now.

Andy

Posts: 1278 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had two 9.3mm shooters on our 2004 RSA safari, one with a 9.3x64mm Blaser, and the other (Slingster) using a 9.3x62mm Blaser. Performace was excellent. All ammo was hand loaded, since we are Norte Americanos where such ammo is hard to come by.
LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote