New
Find
Notify
Tools

i books or e books
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
about a month ago i remember a post of african books ready to download for kindle or ipod.
can't find the post, can someone help?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.shakariconnection.com
actually i don't know if they are here or not, but i just thought i'd beat steve to it dancing hilbily

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
butchloc,
clap clap clap clap Good man BUT you did not mention that Susan had completely re done the book shelf section of the web site and you can get one off's of books that are out of print now!!!!!! rotflmo in fact she completely re did the whole web site and it is beautiful now rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They are vailable for both.

If you have an ipad or ipod, you can use ibooks to download them directly.

Or you can download them to your computer.

I have quite a few on my ipad, and have enjoyed reading them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe i'm not remembering the post correctly
but i thought there was a link for books ready to download.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well yes - i know that susan does all the work and steve mostly lives in a village, sitting the fire drinking beer, but i thought i'd be helpful anyway beer stir

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found the most available on Amazon.

I have both the i pad and the Kindle. For reading purposes,I find the i pad uses power far faster the the Kindle.

I would appreciate advice on where to find any others.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
many kind thanks

One of Us
Picture of Colin Castelli
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few available here:

http://lvhs.co.za/

Just click the 'books' link at the top of the page.

I formatted them for my Sony Reader, but they should display fine on any reader.

Colin

Posts: 180 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 16 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that most e book readers available now were still B&W only, so, if reading a nonfiction book with illustrations (pictures) you would be disappointed.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that most e book readers available now were still B&W only, so, if reading a nonfiction book with illustrations (pictures) you would be disappointed.
Peter.
Barnes and Noble has a color/touchscreen version of it's reader, the Nook. The quality of the display is on par with the iPad.

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Castelli:

I formatted them for my Sony Reader, but they should display fine on any reader.

Colin

Colin,
I have tried a couple of times to look at one of your books; however, the browser reports that they cannot be found. Is the server or drive down or sre the links not working?

Thanks

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oday450:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Castelli:

Colin

Colin,
I have tried a couple of times to look at one of your books; however, the browser reports that they cannot be found. Is the server or drive down or sre the links not working?

Thanks
I get the same result.

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Guys,

I messed up the links, they should be working now. You may have to reload the page to make your browser see the new page.

Colin

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Really good reading being offered for easy download now. Thanks for the links.

Does anyone know where I could download a copy of African Buffalo Trails by John F Burger.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Thanks Colin,

I picked up many I didn't have.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

I was looking at Gutenberg and at Colins page. How do I get those downloads into the reader on the Ipad?

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
well yes - i know that susan does all the work and steve mostly lives in a village, sitting the fire drinking beer, but i thought i'd be helpful anyway beer stir

In Portugal they seem to drink a lot of red plonk. Anyway, at the moment Steve will be up on the roof replacing tiles and so on after their big blow. They do not have power or internet at the moment. The cats and Susan are still under the bed waiting for the all clear. shocker Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It really was a hell of a blow too but thankfully everything is insured.

We lost a load of the roof from the house, even more from the barn, one garage is half down, we lost power, water, phone and internet and almost a week later are still waiting for power, phone and internet but we now have water working and I bought a generator so that means we have limited power and can run the central heating....... and I've been cooking on camp fires for more than half my life so an emergency 2 burner gas cooker is no hassle for me. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
K, getting the books onto your device depends on what type of device you have.

Ipad: simply add them to iTunes and sync them to your device.

B&N Nook: I simply connect the Nook to my computer via USB cable and copy the files.

Hope this helps.

Colin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Caliber

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I understand the above free program is capable of converting between ebbok formats if you wish to use it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Get Patterson's book Maneaters of the Tsavo here for free.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3810

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I use Calibre and would recommend it for creating epubs from other file formats. Their website has downloads for Windows (32 and 64bit), OSX, Linux, and a portable version.

Colin