THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zambia:Marauding elephant crushes man to death

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia:Marauding elephant crushes man to death
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.lusakatimes.com/201...t-crushes-man-death/

Marauding elephant crushes man to death

Time Posted: October 16, 2014 1:50 pm

A 20- year- old man of Kalemba village in chief Nabwalya’s area has been crushed to death by an elephant.

Muchinga provincial education officer Jobbicks Kalumba confirmed the incident today.Mr Kalumba said the incident happened in the early hours of yesterday near Nabwalya primary school.

Mr. Kalumbamba who is on a 14-day mobile teaching service in the area named the deceased as Mulenga Kalemba who died shortly after he was taken to Nabwalya rural health center.He added that Kalemba’s fate was witnessed by children who where going to school in the morning when they shouted for help upon seeing the elephant stepping on him leaving all his intestines out while his head was smashed beyond recognition.

Mr. Kalumba explained that the deceased was mentally disturbed and due to his violent behavior,his parents resorted to be tying him to a tree during day time.

However, on Tuesday afternoon the deceased managed to cut the rope and went loitering in the village until he met his fate.

Mr Kalumba added that the incident has affected a lot of children in the area who are refusing to go to school for fear of being attacked by wild beasts hence affecting the lessons.

He further appealed to the Zambia Wild Life Authority(ZAWA) to keep vigil on the wild animals from going into villages.

In a related development, people of Mutekwe are also living in fear as elephants from North Luangwa have gone on rampage destroying houses and eating their harvest.

Councilor for Mutekwe ward Ernest Kaluba told ZANIS that the situation has brought fear in the area as pupils and teachers were failing to go to school.

Efforts to get a comment from ZAWA Senior Warden for Muchinga and Northern provinces Patrick Nyirenda failed by press time.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9434 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Kalumba explained that the deceased was mentally disturbed and due to his violent behavior,his parents resorted to tying him to a tree during day time.

Our future under Obamacare.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
quote:
Mr. Kalumba explained that the deceased was mentally disturbed and due to his violent behavior,his parents resorted to tying him to a tree during day time.

Our future under Obamacare.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
As Lord Peter Wimsey would say.... "What a beastly way to peg out".

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1386 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
The parents were trying to secure their mentally ill son.

What would their options be in the rural area of Africa.

Tying him up they were trying to keep their son safe and the community safe from the son.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1604 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
In a related development, people of Mutekwe are also living in fear as elephants from North Luangwa have gone on rampage destroying houses and eating their harvest.

I was in that area of Zambia back in 1992, and there were too many elephant in that area then. Malombo Safaris had two camps on the Luangwa river bordering the North Luangwa park. We had a client hut crushed in the middle of the night by an elephant. Luckily there was no one sleeping in that hut, but there was in the one next door.

In 1992 ele hunting was closed, and had been for some time. The last day I was in my camp we had close to 75 elephant cross the river into the park on the other side through our camp.

The elephants were a bit cheeky even back then, and because they have not been hunted they do not respect humans at all.

IMO, unless things have changed these ele need thinning some especially near villages! I'd love to help! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Oh shit or Oops

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote