THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone here use a muzzleloader or BP cartridge rifle?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here use a muzzleloader or BP cartridge rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted
I like the older guns and am curious if anyone here has used a blackpowder gun to hunt in Africa.

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
a couple of my friends used 4 bore muzzleloaders in africa this past july for buffalo

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guided a couple of clients who have used one, Have an original Hollis and Son damascas barreled 8 bore for sale.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm mainly a muzzloader hunter here in the states and I'm thinking hard about trying to use a muzzleloader on my first trip to RSA...kind of on the fence right now. In the back of my mind I'm a little worried about the added hassles to an already complex first time trip. Although, I also know it would be very rewarding when all is said and done. Any opinions or advise is greatly welcome. Smiler

posted Hide Post
I'm a fairly new lurcher, but I did take my .58 flinter to RSA for a plains game hunt in 2004. I was fortunate to have taken waterbuck, impala, wildebeeste and kudu.

It's not taking the gun, but finding the proper powder that's the trick.

I'm looking forward to my next hunt with a .58 flinter using conical bullets, unless I find a larger flinter.

Welcome to us darksiders that lurch on this site!

one of us
posted Hide Post
La douma, Goodon ya! If thats the way you wanna hunt don't let the nea-sayers, here get you down!

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder about getting the powder there. I thought black powder was a real no no on the airlines. I have a Savage ml 10 that uses smokeless and I have thought about that for a plains game hunt but currently it is back at Savage with ignition issues.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote