New
Find
Notify
Tools

van Wijk Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted with this group? They are based in the Limpopo and my wife bought a hunt at one of the REMF functions so I am looking for first hand info....

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Andries personally ( I worked with him for almost a year when I lived in SA).. He started up his own outfit a couple of years back. He is still a small outfit trying to get it it going. I am hoping for the best for him and his wife that they are completely successful with their new business.

He is a good guy. While I havent hunted with his new outfit, I can and will vouche for him as a person.

I have 3 guys here in town who are wanting a safari for next year. I am going to see what Andries will work out for them for a 1st timer trip.

What species are you hunting?

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunt is in Mozambique with croc, hippo, buffalo being the main quarry and probably some other game as well. I also sent you a pm with more info.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will love Mozambique. It is very "old Africa" with very little infrastructure in the hunting concessions, and a great abundance and variety of game. Make sure to allow time to hunt the little antelope they have there...Red & Blue Duiker and the little Suni. I'm going back again in 2011.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have huntet with Andries in 2008.
Go to my webpage: www.photokirk.com under sydafrika 2008( sorry the webpage is in danish :-) ).
There wil be pic of Andries and my wife and me.
Andries is a good, nice and helpsome person and a super PH who like to hunt and not sitting bye the pool with a drink.
We can only give Andries ouer very best recomendations.
Hunt safe wisent

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent back Bigguy.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote