New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matetsi Unit V?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking at a hunt there in the near future. I just want to make sure everything is on the up and up with the area.

I know this used to be Ganyana's camp and is now being run by National Parks. Does this present any problems? Who's the PH? Is anyone going to be pissed off if I hunt there? (Last thing I want to do is piss off Ganyana who I consider a friend, even though we have never met).

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not pissing on my battery, but be very sure who your PH is before the hunt. Some of the parks PH's are superb hunters and some are outstanding guides.... (the difference is the Guides couldn't protect themselves let alone you). It a fantastic area and better in parks hands than some politico

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ganyana,

I know some of the Matetsi concessions were awarded under questionable circumstances. Just wanted to check with you before going any further.

The only reason I'm interested in it is it's close to Vic Falls and this would be a nice diversion for the wives.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana- Is it 5 that Ron Oliver is involved with?

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can answer that one -- YES!

one of us
posted Hide Post
GA- Well then you know Ron's history with the Zim gov.Although I have not booked with Ron I know several who have. All glowing reports. Have spoken with him 3x and he has been most helpful. Don't see how you could go wrong with him.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote