New
Find
Notify
Tools

a new bullet to try
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I received a box of Kodiak bonded core bullets from the Alaska Bullet Works in Juneau, AK. The bullets are 200 grain spitzers. Does anyone have experience with these bullets? I would like to try them out on my hunt in Africa in May.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just received my first five boxes of Barnes Triple-Shock .458/450 grain X and banded solids. Can't wait to fire some of them in a couple of weeks. When I opened the first box...I could smell death!

Exactly seven months till I'm bound for the Selous.

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrkyhntr:
I received a box of Kodiak bonded core bullets from the Alaska Bullet Works in Juneau, AK. The bullets are 200 grain spitzers. Does anyone have experience with these bullets? I would like to try them out on my hunt in Africa in May.

I would suggest you do a search on the AR forums and see what folks think of them. They are very popular here in AK and have gotten a fair amount of good press nationally. I have several friends here who swear by them and I've seen a passel of recovered bullets that look like advertising photos - perfect mushrooms, almost 100% retained weight. Very tough bonded bullet.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was talking to Phil Shoemaker by email the other day ( I book Brown Bear and Moose for Phil) and he was expressing his like for these Kodiak bullets...Apparantly they perform to perfection on the big bears and he is quite impressed...and thats good enough for me because Phil knows his stuff, he is the real deal gun writer and Master Alaskan guide..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses, guys. I am going to give them a workout with Waterbuck and Nyala in May.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote