THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What a real trophy should look like.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What a real trophy should look like.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted
I'm sure this was covered before, but I've just finished reading a post by HT and then clicked on the following urlat the bottom of his post.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d700b3127cceb75bacf6436c0000004610

This is what my ideal buffalo trophy should look like. Yes, I've seen bigger. Even seen some much bigger horns. But none better! Not by a long shot.

Congrats HT! You have now set the standard to which I personally aspire in my future buffalo hunting.

In good hunting,

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That's definitly a battle worn warrior.

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of character, and from the point of view of sustaining long term trophy quality, absolutely ideal.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep. That's my idea of the perfect Cape buffalo trophy alright. To he11 with the record book. Character is where it's at. Congratulations on a fine animal. A real dugga boy!

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
You're right that is a cool buffalo. A ton of charater and I'll bet the attitude to go with it.

This one is at the taxidermist right now. Although it doesn't have nearly the character of Greg's (HT), it is missing a bunch of big chunks out of his boss. This post got me thinking I better call to make sure the taxidermist doesn't do something crazy like "fix them".

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I concur, we need sweet reminders of what it is like.Here a picture of a similar old man.He was all by his lonely self,blind in 1 eye,lots of old battle wounds in the hide.

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would not have to look that one over for more than a second. Those ancient bulls are real trophies.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
One of my old soldiers.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Terry,

I have heard of people and their pets resembling each other, but never, until now, a hunter and his buffalo. Big Grin

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So much for the 'bosses touching' being an indication of maturity. These old codgers still have gaps, but make great trophies. Can anyone estimate how long it would take to get character like this? 10-12 yrs??

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Perry, you are right, a startling resemblance! Eeker

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
Terry,

I have heard of people and their pets resembling each other, but never, until now, a hunter and his buffalo. Big Grin

Perry

If you will notice, the buffalo has almost no hair. If I wasn't wearing a cap, you would see just how much that buffalo and I have in common. Wink

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote