THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Request For Proposals: Bubye/Save/Lowveldt for Leopard/Sable

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Request For Proposals: Bubye/Save/Lowveldt for Leopard/Sable
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
I have been unable to find a hunt that I can afford for a leopard/sable combination for my wife and me in a quality area with a top PH. She wants a sable I want a leopard. Looking for 2011. I'm skeptical but hopeful that I can purchase this hunt for $15,000 all-in. Please PM me your offers or use my e-mail which can be found in my profile.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/9151027531

Thats around 15K .

Ive sent you email also, im going with Gary Hopkins in September for two leopards and I´ll let you know how that works out.

Good luck

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
just FYI. i met Ron Oliver at Afton House 5 years ago. He and Pete Shepley were on their way to Zambia, then Zim for a bow hunt for lion in Zam and ele in Zim. Pete had his camera guy with him. Both were really nice guys and Pete had had Ron arrange a number of bow hunts with a camera crew before. I seriously doubt he would put out that kind of money if he wasn't satisfied with the service. As an aside, I saw Pete at next year's SCI Convention and he got his lion but the ele had to be finished by the PH( if I remember correctly). Hope this helps in your decision making.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13403 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
"Quality area" AND "Top PH" AND "15k" will be really tough IMO. You can get one or two out of three, but all three will take some real doing.

Example:
Avg. Leopard: $3500
Avg. Sable: $3500
At least $2000 worth of govt fees, MARS, dip and pack, baits, in-country transport, cites, etc, etc, etc.

$9k off the top leaves $6000 for you and your wife to hunt 2X1 for 15 days at $400 per day. Not sure that I'd want to go on a $400 per day leopard/sable hunt. Not sure that any top PH is hunting leopards in quality areas at $400 per day.

UNLESS you find a true cancellation where someone walked away from a big deposit I'd try to put another $5k or $10k into the deal and go to a great area with a proven cat guy. It will be cheaper than two or three $15k hunts where you might not even get a cat on bait.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/9151027531

Just a quick check of the numbers, but that hunt listed would cost closer to $24k than the $15k "all-in".

daily rate 600 14 8400
observer 125 14 1750
tax 200

leopard t/f 3600
sable t/f 3250
tax 275

leopard baits 30 10 300

dip/pack 500

tips 1295

air fare 1500 2 3000

shipping 1500

TOTAL 24070

You can play with the numbers all you want, knock a grand off the total airfare, don't tip and get cheaper shipping but it's still no where near $15k.

Further, this doesn't include taxidermy plus 14 days for two people to hunt two animals could get boring even shooting baits.

IMO, you can't hunt premimum animals on the cheap. Generally you get what you pay for in the end.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck! If you find it see if they will do three for the price of two.

Having said that, you don't get what you don't ask for. Hope it works out for ya.

FYI, your total hunt is equal to my day rate fee for my last Zim trip, almost.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I have been unable to find a hunt that I can afford for a leopard/sable combination for my wife and me in a quality area with a top PH. She wants a sable I want a leopard. Looking for 2011. I'm skeptical but hopeful that I can purchase this hunt for $15,000 all-in. Please PM me your offers or use my e-mail which can be found in my profile.

SBT, I am not passing myself of as an expert, just passing along my experence.
It took me 5 trips to get my leopard. It would have been far cheaper to go with the top notch outfitter, best area and PH the 1st time. Not that I thought I was going to the cheapest place. 2 trips to Zim and 2 to Tan.
I did have some bad luck. My point is don't go cheap on the leopard. 1000 things can go wrong on leopard. Give yourself the best possible chance. Your only hope is to find a great area on discount. Do your homework and good luck.
I now am 100% in Zambia 2 trips 2 leopards.
Heading back looking for the monster in 30 days.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
That is a $25k-$30k hunt with trophy fees, road transfer, etc.

I think you would be be very lucky to find it for $20k in a decent area.

Wish I could help you but the Sable is your Achilles Heel on this one. They do not give those things away. You are adding $6k-$8k when all is said and done just for adding the Sable.

Tell Pam to get a second job. Big Grin

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
Do your homework and good luck.

Your welcome.

animal

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is going to be difficult to get those species for that amount of money....with a reliable operation. I have posted on AR over the weekend an operation that I have outside Bualwayo that could fit into your budget for sable and leopard. You and your wife can split the hunt bag. You can find more information on my website, www.Africahs.com under "special hunts" section. Good luck.

Ron Oliver Africa Hunting Safaris
www.Africahs@aol.com

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

Posts: 76 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Ron's hunt is the best deal I've seen for leopard/sable. The daily rates are far below the norm for this hunt and my arithmatic still brings the hunt in $3,000 over your budget before you include Zim tax, dip/pack, MARS etc.
I think your dreaming but I could be wrong. There probably is someone out there that will make you a smokin' deal but to get that as you said "in a good area with a top PH"..........

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
Do your homework and good luck.

Your welcome.

Thank you Wendell!
I did not know you the first 3 trips.
You put me in the right place with the right PH.

animal

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Jeff, Please tell Alister hello and my lion was remounted and now looks great.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Jeff, Please tell Alister hello and my lion was remounted and now looks great.

Unfortunatly, he won't be on my hunt. I got a last min. deal I could not refuse. He was booked. I will be hunting with a ph Damien just hired full time. I hope he is good. I am not just looking for a leopard. Won't shoot one. I am looking for the grand daddy, and I am prepared to come back empty handed.
Good news on your lion. Who did it for you?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Ray Hatfield - Nature's Design