Find
Notify
Tools

The Green Hills of Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
You people have lost your fucking minds, pardon my french.

Mr. Hemmingway did not hate women, was not a fag and more than likely none of YOU would make a pimple on his ass when he was sick with the flu.

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I for one never said he hated women. And I also never said he was gay. But it is pretty well documented that he had a problem forming relationships with women.

Hell, I have the same problem (as do, I suspect, many who post on this forum.) Whether we want to admit it or not, most of us who hunt, and take it to the extremes we do, walk the same path in life as did Sir Ernest, regardless of our writing skills. He just happened to have the talent and motivation to turn his (our) affliction into a vocation.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allout:
You people have lost your fucking minds, pardon my french.

Mr. Hemmingway did not hate women, was not a fag and more than likely none of YOU would make a pimple on his ass when he was sick with the flu.

Brian

Yipes! That was French?? I thought it was an affectionate term usually reserved for rednecks and NASCAR fans.

I have no clue as to Hemingway's sexual orientation or his like or dislike for non-men, and I have no idea what kind of a "man" he was, other than what he left behind as a legacy. I do not care much for his writing style or his words, but there is no doubt he was skilled and appealed to many people.

Maybe, those who are upset over the "assault" on this legend, need to take it easy and let others have their opinions - no matter how different from your own. If EH was the man he is portrayed to be, he would likely get a laugh out of this argument.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote