New
Find
Notify
Tools

Versus Lion Special
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's finally on again where i live tonight at 8 pm est (less than an hour from now) I believe its the one that you see the numerous posts with the Lion charge/close call, a new thread is going right now as a matter of fact. I could be wrong but i don't think so its the hour long lion special, last time it was on here was late last summer, no tivo here but i got the good old fashion VCR ready. Just a head up for anyone that want to watch, I'm sure there are a few that do.

P.S. sorry for the last miniute notice just realized it was on myself.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Just started here and they showed the preview clip of the charge. We shall see how much of this episode features Tam Safaris and how much has the better (in my opinion) Botswana footage.

Edit: I'm happy to say that they led with the Botswana footage and Ronnie Crous' excellent shot under pressure. clap

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Repeats at 8:00 PM West Coast time.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Watching it now. Gives me the shivers...

No, wait. That's the Flu I've got right now...

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Olivia Angelloz trophy wife for the 50 year old Cabelas executive.

And former MISS Nebraska 2003.

Just googled her, she's on Ruger's Adventures too.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Asian PH is kind of funny sounding. I had not heard an Asian southern African person before.

I was watching some thing on CMT last night and their was an Asian redneck from Atlanta, also a different sounding voice.

Your brain is thinking one thing and hearing another.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to college at U of Miami with two Japanese American brothers from Meridien, Mississippi. It'd blow your mine to hear them talk. Real Mississippi drawl.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a shame the last lion taken was a canned hunt. Great show and thanks to this thread, I didn't miss it. Thanks Pauly.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in western RSA about six years ago on a very large range owned by an Asian gentleman. I'd have to check my diary to be sure, but I have a feeling that they could have been on his ranch. There was a discussion at the time of lions and what would be necessary to offer a real lion experience.

There is enough area on this farm that lion could live like "free range" lion, and enough game to support a small pride. The question that arose was how to bring in hunters to hunt the plains game in the presence of the lions. It was felt that this could be dangerous to the clients. I observed at the time that it seemed no more different than hunting in lion country anywhere. The difference, it was explained, would be with the "familiarity" with humans in the area and not being afraid of them.

I subsequently hunted and took a lion in Tanzania which was definitely wild and he had no more fear of us than the one we saw last evening. My lion let us know he was king of the hill and we needed to go. The aggression display was the only difference between the two lions, and my lion only got up and asserted his dominance when we closed within 100 yards. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This show was a huge turn off. It started out fairly strong with the older PH talking of his encounter and mauling. Next was a hunt where they bump into and kill the male bruiser in the bush.

To have a show named DANGEROUS GAME, you would assume the producers, etc. would be knowledgeable about their product. They are clueless about their work.

The hot looking lion hunter (Olivia, I believe) gave several very long sermons about pressure, danger, yaba yaba yaba, etc. I think she knew what she was actually doing, as I have a friend who was in camp with her in the Omay (a true safari area) years ago. I assume this was all staged for TV. You always raise your eyebrow when the cameraman is ahead of the stalking hunters, with his back to a lion, no less.

It did not take a brain surgeon to realize she was hunting a PEN RAISED LION, probably drugged, never having killed anything in its life, trying to figure out what freedom is all about, that was looking right at them at fairly closed range, and it did not even respect a possible danger. Kind of like a lost young child in the mall.

The Asian guy has no trackers, game scouts, etc. Unlike that famous canned wounding that was blanketing the internet for the last couple of years, there were no visible fences or power lines here. Just a bewildered male lion that cost somebody $24,475.99.

SAD AND PATHETIC.

Posts: 389 | Location: Montana, USA | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
zzz,
They shoot the animal, then backtrack the hunt, then reverse it for showing..

I seldom watch the outdoor shows, I get pissed when they kill the animal and keep whispering....

Did you know they get pissed at you when you tease them about whispering and accuse them of being ex obscene phone callers. dancing

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42085 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no such thing as a Southern drawl or for that matter a redneck!!

But dad burn -- that thar Olivia was enough to make a man strike his mother!

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote