New
Find
Notify
Tools

new camo regulations in Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A new "Criminal Law" act has just been released (22 June) which amends and simplifies alot of existing legislation in Zim. Of interest to forum members is the bit on camo. - ie stick to realtree of similar patterns if you want to bring camo kit into zim. It replaces the previous definition of unlawful camo that just banned civilians from wearing zim or Rhodesian army camo patterns.

32 Unlawful possession or wearing of camouflage uniforms
(1) In this section—
“authorised person†means—
(a) a member of the Defence Forces, the Police Force, the Prison Service or any other uniformed force of the State;
(b) a member of a military force of a foreign State who is—
(i) on attachment to any force referred to in paragraph (a) under an arrangement made between the Government and the government of that foreign State; or
(ii) present in Zimbabwe, with the approval of the Government, in the course of his or her official duties;
“camouflage uniform†means any article of wearing apparel made of material carrying military-style camouflage markings.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), any person who unlawfully possesses or wears any camouflage uniform shall be guilty of unlawfully possessing or wearing a camouflage uniform, as the case may be, and liable—
(a) to a fine not exceeding level five

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,

Does the camo restrictions apply only to clothing or equipment as well. I have a really nice camo gun case I was taking with me in Oct. and a back pack. Also, one of my stocks is a custom camo pattern. Any forseen problems?????
Doug

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now if you can explain that to some black soldier that can't read were all safe and sound..Hmmmmmmmmm!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
No worries for a scud (48,000 Zim dollars about $1.00 U.S.) the "officials" will look the other way. beer
Besides, there is really no need for camo in Zim. Wear olive drab or kaki. I mean that has only worked for hunters in Africa for how many years now? Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That applies to cloathing you are wearing. I carry a camo "camel bak".

Actually you can buy US army desert camo in all the flea markets (the chinease owned ones that haven't been burnt down) and "disco" camo for all the kids in most reputable fashion shops so actually nobody takes any notice, but still..I would hate to be mistaken for a British spy Wink

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote