New
Find
Notify
Tools

A MANS Hunt...........
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just booked a buff hunt thru Wendell Reich for July 15.

I am really put out by all the posts regarding the bigger rifle shooting bigger bullets. Its to the point that the "dangerous" is gone from hunting. Anyone can use a 500 or 600 NE and make a kill.

What I prepose to do is, and Wendell found me a PH who will go along, is hunt and stalk for dangerous game.

When the offending buff is run to ground or cornered then and only then will my weapon be prepared. A freshly cut bamboo tube filled with powder and a leg from an african cook pot as my bullet.

THAT gentleman is HUNTING !!!!

I'll book no guff from the pisswhiners about "enough gun" whatever that means. Its about hunting dangerously and living honourably.

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
What the hell???? bewildered

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
OK

Liquid lunch?

Hunt as long as you can
As hard as you can.
You may not get tommorrow.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
April 1st is still about three weeks away....

AD

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
jump

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
this boy must have got a wireless connection back in them thar hills of West Virginny, either that or smoking crack is catching on down there!

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smoke poler:
this boy must have got a wireless connection back in them thar hills of West Virginny, either that or smoking crack is catching on down there!

Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell seems to have caught a live one with this guy. Let's hope his insurance is paid up.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJ_Miller:
I just booked a buff hunt thru Wendell Reich for July 15.

I am really put out by all the posts regarding the bigger rifle shooting bigger bullets. Its to the point that the "dangerous" is gone from hunting. Anyone can use a 500 or 600 NE and make a kill.

What I prepose to do is, and Wendell found me a PH who will go along, is hunt and stalk for dangerous game.

When the offending buff is run to ground or cornered then and only then will my weapon be prepared. A freshly cut bamboo tube filled with powder and a leg from an african cook pot as my bullet.

THAT gentleman is HUNTING !!!!

I'll book no guff from the pisswhiners about "enough gun" whatever that means. Its about hunting dangerously and living honourably.

I assume your PH will not be armed and if your smokepole doesn't handle things, you will rely on a bowie knife, right?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
O'l JJ_Miller will be hyena poop, by the time this is over. I trust the PH will play smart and let JJ lead the hunt by about 200 meters.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See what happens when I've been cooped up in the house for 3 days ! Its been raining or snowing sideways for 3 days and my mind kinda wondered.........

But it beats the hell out of Wendells post about buying his underwear at Victoria's Secret...................

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Man it is going downhill fast. This post, boxers vs. briefs, boddingtons undies, gemsbok corned beef.. Eeker We need to get back on track. Carmelo, please post some more pictures of your rifle or share your infinite words of wisdom. Ian Cundill and bwanajcj....surely you guys are not finished. Noel, Noel, where are you Noel??? Big Grin

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Damn, it's too bad that was a joke! I was looking forward to filming that hunt......UHhhhh, from about 200 yds, with a long lens! Eeker

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Actually a "real man" would stick the buff with a pen knife and stick around to watch it bleed to death Big Grin

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana,
Sorry no time to post anymore pics.
I am too busy planning my invasion of planet earth!
WE WILL FORCE YOU ALL TO USE FOLDING LEAF SIGHTS!

Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Oh my, what have I done ....

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it beats the hell out of Wendells post about buying his underwear at Victoria's Secret...................

Walter is a regular customer at Victoria Secrets as you can see here.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68612 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Is that Miss Chile running for Miss Universe???
Razzer

That picture could have been taken in any third world's "red zone", I'm sure some of the corean's sailors that often visit Montevideo's port will go nuts with the view of such a beauty Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I always wondered what became of Charo.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is just wrong, man. Just wrong.

*************************Conservationist. Reformed Attorney. Producer of Outdoor Media.

www.stevescott.tv

Posts: 192 | Location: Norman, OK USA | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Much like seeing grandma naked,that was more
than we needed to see. roflmao

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell,
I see you have fallen on hard times, sorry my friend....

What is wrong with the picture of Walter, I seen nothing different about him..well he is getting a little grey and has put on some weight but I am sure he will get a make over very soon, and all you guys will be sorry you made fun of him...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this not the new line of safari wear being pushed by Walter & Co.---I believe it lures the animals into a false sense of security letting one boldly saunter up to their animal of choice and bowl it over with a swish of that lethal pink feather in places left to your imagination--

what I don't understand is why the head wear doesn't match the outfit--I think pink would've been the final touch to the ensemble--but oh well--

Ray--I see the cold is still affecting your judgement--better go snort some IMR 4320 to get your senses back--I'm pretty sure you wouldn't let Walter wear a clashing head piece like that, would you?--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While chewing on a mouthful of Fed. 215M primers I read this thread and chew'd harder!!!

Just when I though you guys were a good bunch!

Funny, I thought the "left" lost the election... bawling

It's all good!

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Wendell,
I see you have fallen on hard times, sorry my friend....

I took out a life insurance policy on JJ today.

I cant wait for July 16th.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Is that Walter "Pondoro" Hog?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Always thought it, but now confirmed....Walter is SAEED's bitch!!! eek2

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Walter is a regular customer at Victoria Secrets as you can see here.

Dude,

What now that is one hot babe! Got a phone number?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What panty is under the "cammo's"
He should also get a padded bra.

Wimpie

Posts: 166 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 14 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wimpie:
What panty is under the "cammo's"
Wimpie

wimpie
Do you really want to know that?
nut