New
Find
Notify
Tools

I booked mine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I firmed up my hunt while I was in Reno. I'll be spending 4 days in the Okavango Delta this July followed by 4 days in the Kalahari. In the Delta I'll be Hunting with Mark Kyriacou's Big Game and Bird Safaris, PH Glen Munger, and in the Desert I'll be on Clive Eaton's ranch. Plainsgame is on the menu. Zebra, Eland, Gemsbuck etc. There appears to be 6 to 8 of us with 2 hunting and the rest taking photos. On the way we'll spent a day in Gaberone visiting friends and a couple of days in Vic Falls.
Due to the possibility of long shots in the Kalahari I expect to take my 300 win mag instead of my 375 H&H double.
I'm especially happy that my Wife is accompaning me this time. By the way, Kathi thanks for taking the time in Reno to talk to Debbie about what she can expect. She is eager to go now. The countdown has started!
TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Nothing like the anticipation of what may be.

Good for you.

Hunt as long as you can
As hard as you can.
You may not get tommorrow.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
TerryR,

Great! I hope you have a good trip and for sure a safe one! It was good to meet you in Reno, now I know who I'm talking with.

I booked a trip to New Zealand, not going to 2006, (Outfitter is booked for 2005), I also made contact with a Safari company in Namibia for a future trip there. And firmed up my Zinbabwe trip fot this fall! Not a dull moment in Reno this year!!

Best to you Terry, and your wife!!!!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote