New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Dik-Dik trophy measurements
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SCI gold starts at 9 14/16. That is still a good trophy. Kirks gold is 10, and starts at 8. Fractions count on these monsters, that is why they are scored by the 1/16 vs 1/8 as most other game. You got to love these little guys.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Anders,

Nice going on the Dik-Dik. I'm a scorer for both record books, SCI & Rowland/Wards. They both list each speices, Where you were hunting will make all the difference. In SCI, Damara are from Namiba & Angola. The Kirk's is from Tanzania & Kenya. In Rowland Ward they same area but they refer to the Damara as the Damaraland Dik-Dik. If yours is over 4" your #1 in both books & for eather species! I would like to know the final score, if you don't mind. Need any thing else give me a yell..

As always, Good Hunting!!! Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
As you might have seen in the Hunting Report Africa chapter, I was lucky to get a pretty good Damara Dik-Dik this July.
My PH told me, that it might go nr 4 or 5 in the book, but how can that be possible.
SCI requires a minimum of 7", and I think the record might be a little over 11" (this might be a Kirks Dik-Dik). Mine is about 8 3/4, or something (waiting for final measurements).
Anyone with a record book close by who could help me..?
Does both Rowland Ward and SCI differ between Damara and Kirks Dik-Dik..?
Thanks!

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your interest! My Dik-Dik was shot in Namibia. Near Otavi, south of Etosha. I`m not sure about the measurements. Just remember my PH said something like this:
"..wow.. the sci minimum is about 18cm.. this one is over 22cm.. I think it might be nr 4 or 5.."
Or maybee it was 23cm. I`m not sure.
I`ve sent an e-mail to my PH and asked for measurements. But I think my trophies are dipped and packed and already on it`s way to my taxidermist in Denmark. So it might take some time before I have the real measurements (after they have dried).
I will post them for you as soon as I know.
Best regards, Anders!

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Here`s a picture, BTW:

I don`t think they`re 4"... But it`s difficult to see just from a photo like this..