Find
Notify
Tools

Jamy Traut Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone hunt with this PH?? Thinking of booking with him in 2013. Thanks, 163bc

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone?????

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really a great guy. Have filmed with him and he is a hard hunter and good guy.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Jamy 3 times. Will hunt with him again in August of this year. He gets a number of repeat clients, some that hunt with him every year. I will be hunting his property in central Namibia and in his concessions in the Caprivi. I second what Dave said.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to be the head guy at Eden I think...I haven't hunted with him but he's on my short list of Namibian PHs that I want to hunt with.

Posts: 553 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you might sen "eyedoc" a Pm, he knows the Eden deal,,,

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm hunting with him in late June/early July. He was recommended by another Namibian ph. I decided to book with him after my wife and I met him in Dallas last year. He seems to be a really nice, hard working hunter.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
My dad and I have been joining Jamy on safari every year since 2004 practically. You can't go wrong going on a hunt with him. He is in a much better position now that he is free from Eden (the Swede) and his Panorama Ranch is outstanding (just as good or better than Eden as far as the plains game goes). The split has opened up many opportunities for him. PM me if you want anymore info.

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed,

Where is Jamy's Ranch??

I was in the process of booking a hunt with Jamy at Eden just before he left. We ended up going to hunt with a friend of his near Gobabis.

I really like Jamy. I hope to hunt with him one day.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
Panorama is about 90 mins SE of Windhoek, a little shorter actually if you go directly from HK Airport and do not need to go into town. On the map it is east of Rehoboth about 40 mins (from what I remember, there is always so much to see while driving that I lose track of distance). Anyway it was a nice change from the 6+ hr commute NE to Eden from Windhoek.

Panorama has a unique combination of the rolling dunes mixed with the rocky hills that hold big kudu and both subspecies of zebra. The only major difference is Eden had that great waterhole at the main camp where you could watch wildlife all day. This camp is more up on the hill and you use optics to scan the plains and sidehills for game. He has traded up for a great views! I know he has several ideas for expanding the natural waterholes on the farm.

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
Of course, he also has a caprivi concession and the full quota at the kalahari game lodge.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have already been in contact with Jamy by e-mail. Plan to get booked for 2013 as soon as we can work out the details. Can anyone tell me the best time to hunt in Namibia?? Thanks for all the help. Sam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
163bc
I've been to Namibia in early June & early August.
I like early August best, spring is starting & baby animals were everywhere.
Temps were down in the 50's at night & mid 70's in daytime.
Quite pleasant.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hallgeir Gravrok
posted Hide Post
I go to Etosha Conservancy may 21th and back home june 3rd
Also a pleasant temeperature for us from the north

Posts: 78 | Location: Norway | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote