New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son and I returned from a 12 day Hippo/Buff/Croc hunt in MOZ Wednesday morning. We flew into and out of HRE without incident even spending one night at the Meikles in HRE. People were friendly and cooperative. One change is that one "official" handling our rifle permits wanted a tip. I've never seen that before. The situation is awful for those people but their attitude is phenomenal.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post

Who'd you hunt with and where?

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a report on the Moz hunt?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted with Safaris de Mocambique in the Tete area. I'll post a hunt report in the report forum. I'll post pics from picasa if I can figure out how.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I'd be very interested in your report. I have been speaking with Bill Williamson about booking the same hunt.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I, too, would like a hunt report with pix. I have contemplated hunting Moz for a couple of years now so on-the-ground intel would be welcomed!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Moz is the place. Want to stay out of the swamps tho. May be hunting only PG and buff but still want to see/hear lion and ele.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Avoid the floodplains and the swamps and lose out on some of the best experiences and hunting available anywhere.

Johan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also lose out on the mossies. If its moz then it has to be up north in the mopane.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunny:
Also lose out on the mossies. If its moz then it has to be up north in the mopane.

Adjacent to the Niassa, yes, or the Zambezi valley. Certainly there is spectacular game in the coastal swamplands. But no lion or ele. I should've said this will be my first and, especially if for some reason it's my last, I want to take in the classic compliment of game. To go on my first or only safari and not see elephant nor see or hear lion would be the last thing I'd want to do.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Bahati. If you don't go to the swamps at least once in your hunting lifetime, for buffalo, you are missing a truly unique experience. It can be miserably hot there in September but, still, it's a "cool" way to hunt them.

Coutada 10, September 2001

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The report has been posted. I will work on the pix.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mozambique is wild and wonderful!! I hunted with Bahati Adventures this June and it was truly, the experience of a lifetime. The swamps are indeed, special. I am working on a hunt report with Bahati Adventures as soon as I can get some photos downloaded. I can not imagine a better safari operation or better place to hunt than Coutada 10 with Johan.

Monte Scott
West Point, Iowa

Posts: 36 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote