Find
Notify
Tools

Makuti Game Safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Folks

Having a bit of a surf over lunch and came accross this company on the web. Has anyone heard about these guys?
Checked out the site and saw a lot of different packages up for 2012, a LOT of DG being offered??
Given the recent manoeuvering of concessions in makuti, any thoughts?

Regards Stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry this is the link:

www.makutigamesafari.com

Regards Stu

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Nice website.

I see they list only 4 species on their "Mini Five" page. Probably missed out on steenbok?

But is there a generally recognized list of the Small Five? Or how about the Small Ten species?

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Interesting that all the pictures in the Gallery are lifted straight off of the Charlton McCallum Safaris website!

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
I also noticed all the pictures are from Buzz's website. I wonder if he knows about it??

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 694 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, I did not get a good vibe when looking through, but I also dont know enough to make a call on them. I notice the contact details are also quite interesting??
Regards Stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also a quick search on Google for the name under contacts shows some interesting results, check it out!

Regards Stu

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Interesting that all the pictures in the Gallery are lifted straight off of the Charlton McCallum Safaris website!

As is the text under general information. It even states you can rent a rifle from CM.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The email address listed is the individual that Buzz and Myles were subleasing the concession from.

Mike

Posts: 21374 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
It looks to me like cmsafaris website was hacked. I know that cmsafaris used to buy hunts in Makuti and as far as i know Makuti Game Safaris no longer owns the concession.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can shed some light on this for everyone.
The person who owns his company is a relative of a government member and hence has certain influences and benefited from this when he was given Makuti 10 years ago as part of an empowerment excersise.
From what I understand CM Safaris used to buy a lot of hunts from this individual in Makuti (quite legitimately as he was the concessionaire). I do know that his term/ concession expired at the end of 2011.
Makuti has since been re possesed by National Parks and has been bagged up and sold off at auction. I personally would be interested to see if anyone from AR booked any hunts with this outfit at SCI and paid any deposits!

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi Rob

Your spot on with what you have just said. I have just been told the very same.

When will we see your hunt report?

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coming soon Mike, but awaiting some video footage that will probaly take a couple of weeks.
Regards
Rob

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with the Makuti guy at the SCI show and didn't like what I heard and saw. I was told that for 6,000 I could hunt tuskless cow with Buzz. All prices he gave me were to be hunting with CMS at a cheaper rate and at the CMS camps. When I talked to Myles(Buzzes partner) He informed me that they had leased land from Makuti but had no other connection with them. I booked with CMS through CMS for 2013 and from the sounds of it I'm glad I did.

Posts: 118 | Location: Utah | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With Quote