New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off Topic Matt Norman Article
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got my newest issue of American Hunter and was pleasantly suprised to see an article by our friend Matt Norman entitled "Hunters make good soldiers." The article is basically about his son Doug who as many of you know was wounded in Iraq about a year ago.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the article Matt! Please tell your son that the folks at AR say Thank you for his service and sacrifice.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please tell your son that the folks at AR say Thank you for his service and sacrifice.

I'll second that.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will third that!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I'd 4th that, but someone would either take the 5th...or drink it. Roll Eyes
Hope all is well with him.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Ah....thanks, but I didn't write that article. I had sent in a "Member Hunt" article for consideration. One excerpt and two photos were incorporated into the story that they published.

But I do agree with the thrust of the article, that prior experience with firearms and an understanding/appreciation of fieldcraft as learned in hunting help in the development of field soldiers, particularly those who hear shots fired in anger.

P.S. It will be two years ago in July that my son was wounded. He's fine, recently made E-6, and having a blessed career. But as we run up to Memorial Day, let us remember those who have given all of their tomorrows so that the rest of us can have a better today. God Bless them, they are not forgotten.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
All in favor, say. . . .THANKS!