Find
Notify
Tools

Advice Firearm travel Botswana
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear Host, moderators and fellow members,

Please advize me on the requirements for hunters travelling from Vic Falls, Zimbabwe through Kasane, Botswana to Caprivi region with rifles and ammo. This would be entry and exit from Botswana on the same day.

Thank you in advance

Posts: 181 | Location: Windhoek Namibia | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Vaughan,

I'm not sure of the latest, but a lot of South African hunters going to Namibia take rifles through Botswana. The legalities are arranged by Mr Mike Botha of Pan African Ammunition Manufacturers (PAAM) in Gaborone. Good reports on the efficiency of the arrangements for transport permits, although a bit on the costly side, but the alternative to taking the Trans Kalahari Highway from Johannesburg to Windhoek is a L-O-N-G drive! The last telephone number I had for Mike is +267 392 8642

Hope this helps. Please send my regards to Mike.

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since the BDF thinks that Botswana owns all the game in the Caprivi...I suspect it would be more difficult than necessary! Big Grin

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Verewaaier,

Thanks for the contact, I'll give him a call and pass on your regards.

McCray,

Couldn't resist could you?

BDF thinks that everything belongs to them.

Posts: 181 | Location: Windhoek Namibia | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote