THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Video - Springbok kill shot, accubonds, etc.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video - Springbok kill shot, accubonds, etc.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here is a simple video of my Springbok kill shot. Hope you like it:

http://www.enter360.com/newsroom/video/Africa/springbok_0001.wmv

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. It seemed quite windy.

I noticed that you wisely hesitated before sticking your finger into the, ahem, rear portion of that Springbok. I would have waited for clarification too!

Thanks for sharing this.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man! I'm just glad HE clarified... I already had my pants undone. Luckily no one seemed to notice. DOE! Me and my big mouth!

Seriously though, it was very windy that day. We had the windscreen on and it was still brutal. I was very lucky to have made that shot. Hell, I was very lucky he stuck around. We had stalked him across two meadows, across a river, over a hill. He kept running off and stopping. We kept pressing him and used a washed out portion of the field that was kind of like a ditch to make our final approach to 300 meters. We then sat down for a while and let him relax. I extended my bi-pod legs so they wouoldn't make noise once I got into position and all I'd have to do is lower the legs away from the barrel. We then made the final stalk. When he turned away, I lowered the legs and slid around to the front of the bush we were hiding behind. Luckily the sun was also behind us, which meant i could sit in the shade and when the ram looked back he was staring into the sun low on the horizon behind us. He started to walk away, so I took a tight angled quartering away shot. I got real lucky as I almost shot underneath him. My rifle was zeroed for about 150 yards.

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Nicely done Sheldon! Thanks for sharing your pics and video with us. I'm heading to Namibia in 3 weeks and your trip has really got me on edge!

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote