New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancelled 2 ele PAC hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have had to cancell my 2 PAC bull elephant hunt with HHK Safaris for the last two weeks of February, 2008. The hunt is scheduled for Omay South. It is a very good deal. If your interested e-mail Graham Hingston at graham@hhksafaris.com.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I will vouch for 465H&H's words that "It is a very good deal.", having been on the same hunt the last two years.

It is about as exciting a hunt as one can imagine.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG, which camp did you hunt from?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Chifudzi if that's how you spell it. There was a video made of the hunt and about 100 copies are floating around AR. If you wish to see one, perhaps someone will send you one if you ask?

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike was to make a copy back in May, I'll ust have to get after him or maybe he will see this. shame

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much are PAC hunts going for these days? I'm just curious, seems like it would be A LOT of fun.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you give me some additional info, I am interested in the hunt. Costs and where the hunt was to take place.

Rhyde

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunt is in the Omay South Communal lands in northern Zimbabwe adjacent to Matusadona National Park. Elephants continuously raid the crops and are a perennial problem. I can't quote rates as those will have to be worked out with Graham Hingston of HHK Safaris. His e-mail address is above. I have hunted it for 4 years and never had a problem in filling my quota. In fact I took two bulls and a cow in 7 days the the first week of March of this year. Their costs are usually less than the competition but you will have to work that out with Graham.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great hunt and these cancellations are often very good deals. Hopefully someone from here will get it.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had several hunts with HHK. The first was back in 1994 when HHK was not a big as it is now, Graham was my personal guide. You can't go wrong with them. In my opinion, for Zim they are the best! thumb

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just quoted a day rate of $650 and trophy fee of $2500 per elephant by Graham. I was asking about the hunt in question and he said the hunt had to be taken during the time 465 had booked. I don't think this was a discounted rate, JMO. The hunt was to take place in the Omay but didn't ask which camp. Manyuli or Chifudze. I think I would prefer Manyuli set on a high cliff over looking the river, one of the nicest (view) camps I have stayed in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's slightly cheaper than a tuskless hunt on the TF. Is that a 10 day or 14 day hunt for two ele?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told it was a 14 day for 2 and a 7 day when booked for 1. This is basically what I was quoted by another outfitter for the same hunt in Zim.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's my knowledge of "normal" pricing structure as well but sometimes the PAC hunts are a bit more...sometimes a bit less.

One of these times, I'm going to do the PAC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is not a last minute cancellation hunt offered at a huge discount. HHK expects to sell it easily at going rates. But it is a near sure thing in an excellent area. I have filled out there during the past 6 years very easily. Jump on it if it is still available.

465H&H