THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Advise on good reasonably priced outfit in Selous for Buffalo

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advise on good reasonably priced outfit in Selous for Buffalo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking to book a 10 day, 2 buffalo hunt in Tanzania in 2008. I have realistic expectations & would be very happy with buffalo with good hard bosses, i am not into inches. I feel that the Selous would be my best bet in getting 2 buffs & maybe a few plains game animals or croc if possible. A good package deal would work well
I would like your advise on the following.
- Who (Outfitter) & which area in Selous to go to.
- What months would be best & why?
- Cost wise, what is reasonable.

Best Regards,
Ahmed

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed here is the place www.luxuryhunts.com they book with pierre von tander safaris in tanzania in the selous for cape buffalo.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Myles from CHARLTON McCALLUM SAFARIS hunts adjacent to the Selous. www.buzzcharltonsafaris.com

or PH Jonathan Taylor from Dar Es Salaam
www.jthunting.com

These guys are true Professionals.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.huntersquest.com/

Give Wendell Reich a call at Hunters Quest. He will be able to answer any of your questions.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed Niazi:
... would be very happy with buffalo with good hard bosses, i am not into inches.

A key point.

Ahmed ask for photos of clients buffalo and also have do a search on the forums and net to have a look at hunt reports and stories of outfitters you may be considering.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed, Last year I hunted with Pierre Van Tonder in MK1 in the Selous booked thru luxury hunts and IMO they both take care of business. Great hunt for 8K or so. That's 2on 1 1 buff no croc. In 05 I hunted L1 with Don Bower's company with the same results, same price including charter. Adrian

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the good info.

Regards,
Ahmed

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Tanganyka wildlife is a formidable outfit with 2 tremendous areas in Tanzania. They have some accomplished PH, the most notorious being the Pasanisi dad and son. They have no longer anything to prove and advertise very few if ever.

tanganyka wildlife

The pictures are telling all.

let alone dangerous game. Look at the awesome tuskers .

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbderunz:
Tanganyka wildlife is a formidable outfit with 2 tremendous areas in Tanzania. They have some accomplished PH, the most notorious being the Pasanisi dad and son. They have no longer anything to prove and advertise very few if ever.

tanganyka wildlife

The pictures are telling all.

let alone dangerous game. Look at the awesome tuskers .

They only book 21 day hunts.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They only book 21 day hunts

And in 21 days you have 3 Buffalo on License Wink

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have hunted with both Pierre van Tonder and Jonathan Taylor.

I would recommend both of them without any reservations.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info,I also am looking for tanzania buffalo for 2008

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote