Find
Notify
Tools

Rhodesian Ridgeback
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
David, love the colour of the Dog,

I see a more and more going back too the dark red colour, I never liked the yellow reds at all.

I must say a Catahoula/Ridgback , mmm now where will I find a Cata in South Africa ???

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Relations of mine have one. It sure kept the bears out of the yard but had a habit of spending a day or so chasing them off...just to be sure they were gone!

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:
My mum's hounds, Chester and Amber. Chester looks the worrying type, but he's not really. Not big on hunting which is a good thing, but effective guard dogs.

Dave

Lovely dogs, David!!

LLS

Posts: 188 | Location: Texas, via US Navy & Raytheon | Registered: 17 August 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Ridgebacks are hounds, are they not? So, they have a good nose, correct? If they are hounds, I don't think there is a more solidly built hound -- they're built like a catch dog. They would seem to me like a true "do-it-all" dog.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
My mum says ridgebacks are a mixture of many breeds and definitely have pointer and great dane in them. I have been referred to the ridgeback book and told to get on with it - I'll get back to you when I am more educated.

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote