Find
Notify
Tools

Raffle in Save Conservancy-
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted
Anyone know who the lucky winner of the buffalo safari was? I didnt get a phone call, so I'm assuming it wasn't me... Frowner

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
What raffle is this? Just curious.

Thanks

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
The raffle is in support of anti-poaching in the Save Conservancy.

The winner will receive a 10 day buffalo hunt in the Save Conservancy including day rates, trophy fees for buffalo, wildebeest, impala, and baboon, and $2000 towards transfer fees.

I am almost certain I read on AR the raffle was postponed until October, but cannot find the post.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
No wonder I didn't get my phone call! I appreciate the info, and if you find that post, please forward the info!

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
The drawing will now be held August 31st. The hunt can take place in 2012 or 2013.

Tickets are still available.

The winner will receive a 10 day buffalo hunt in the Save Conservancy including day rates, trophy fees for buffalo, wildebeest, impala, and baboon, and $2000 towards transfer fees.

It is a good cause. I bought my tickets from Mokore Safaris and I am certain most of the Save operators are also selling them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some too! Definitely a good cause, so buy em up, and good luck.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Melanie just confirmed the drawing on 8/31/12. Good luck everyone!

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Yes, Melanie confirmed a new drawing date of August 31st, and the winner will have his choice of hunting in either 2012 or 2013. They were not able to see enough tickets, so had to extend the date out for drawing. All of us on AR should support this as it is for a really good cause and also it sounds like the drawing odds may be pretty good for a hunt raffle.

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I checked the Mokore website no where to buy raffle tickets, do you just call them or mail them a check? Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4769 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
You can contact Melanie Duckworth of Mokore Safaris via email: melduckworth@mokore.com

She can give you all the deatils.

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4769 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good thing I checked here. I almost threw away my tickets!

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
I will assume that the upheaval in the SAVE will successfully end all hopes of winning this...

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably money well pissed off!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've sent off a note asking that if the raffle is not possible, the money from my tickets be used as a bit of emergency cash for those who have lost their source of income.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Maki,

I did the same as a small token of the respect I have for our Zimbabwe friends. While my hope is the Save will return to normal, it is a near improbability.

I am worried about the wildlife; however I cannot fathom the idea a group of people stealing my home and business and not having any recourse. Good luck to our friends on the Save.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I imagine the money has been spent already. As it was for anti poaching measures. Can't see why an alternative place can't be offered to the raffle winner instead.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I exchanged emails with Melanie Duckworth over the last couple days about this very topic. Mel indicated to me that they are holding the monies until there is some resolution, one way or the other, about the future of the Save Conservancy, and once that is determined they'll know how to proceed. She indicated that serious negotiations are on-going in an effort to resolve this problem and to save the conservancy.

Mel indicated that if they are successful, they'll do the drawing at a later date, and my impression was that she meant in September or October, depending on how long it takes to resolve the issue. She also said that if they are unsuccessful, then they will be refunding the money to everyone who purchased a raffle ticket. That was in her email to me from August 17th.

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell me again why "we" shud lift sanctions against ZIM.....

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
This is such a sad situation for all those who worked so hard to put this Conservancy on the map and have the concept take root and flourish. I reslly hope this can be resolved...

Phil Massaro
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
Tell me again why "we" shud lift sanctions against ZIM.....

because they are a bunch of disadvantaged poor blacks who finally have a chance to succeed in a white man's world-NOT!!!!! more correctly they are a bunch of lawless thugs hell-bent on stealing anything they can.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
Just to let you know that we drew the raffle discussed above today and the winner was a Mr Trevor Midlane and the winning number was 108. Thank you ALL so much for your support for this raffle and we hope we can do one again. The funds will be greatly appreciate by our Unit who keep our rhinos alive!!!
Regards,
Melanie Duckworth

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the lucky winner!!!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will go tomorrow & have my name changed to Trevor Midlane.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it wasn't Sherrill Neese? I think that would be a better choice. Wink

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote