THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Airline wants dimensions of gun cases?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airline wants dimensions of gun cases?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just booked a flight with Delta Airlines, to Toronto Canada from Rome Italy. I mentioned I would be travelling with firearms and at this the lady had to go check to see if it was allowed...

Ok, no problems but they would need to know the size of each gun case and the weight.

Till now I have never been asked for this information, actually it has always been a bonus to travel with guns because it meant that you could stuff your heavier gear into the gun cases and not have it added to you luggage allowance.

Has anyone else been asked to supply the dimensions and weight of their gun cases before?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We leave for Tanzania a week from today and had the same experience with KLM (i.e., wanting dimensions of our gun case). We will be transporting our guns in a TuffPac and they didn't have a problem with it, however there is still the weight limitation of 70 lbs. Our travel agent told us that KLM would be reducing the weight limitation to 50 lbs/bag on future flights starting in November.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post

Dear Express,
I never have been asked to supply the dimensions and weight of gun cases by KLM, but every time by AIR FRANCE. I have been told these extra-cares aim to reduce the risk of the guns be let-back, lost or stolen. It should be kind of bonus for the hunter. I told about this in a precedent post.
I am under way to extort any information from the major airlines companies about their gun policy
and everybody will be kept in touch.

Regards Jean Bernard

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote