New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southern Safaris Moc.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody hunted with Chawalo Safaris, Zambezi River, Mozambique with PH Carel Maartens for Hippo + Croc. Need first hand Infos about this Outfitter.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with Carl at his camp, on the Zambezi

Fantastic everything! First class all the way, great hunt, camp, you will really enjoy it,

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
To the best of my recollection, Buzz hunts his Moz hippo and croc in Carel's area. Big lizards there.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
I have filmed two hunts with Buzz in Carel's area. There are some huge Crocs there and plenty of Hippo. On both hunts we took 2 big Crocs and 2 huge hippos.

I would speak to Buzz he will tell you all you need to know about Chawalo Safaris. Carel is a great PH and his wife is a outstanding cook and host.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 706 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted there for 10 days in 2008...fantastic all the way around. Carel is great as is his second PH Henno, great camps and great hunting area for BIG Hippo and Croc (14'1" with the small tip of the tail recently chomped off and still bloody...could have been over 15!!) and Gold Metal bushbuck. He is setting up a new camp in the highlands for Roan and cats. Cats are tough there but they do take them. I know a fellow that has taken two Elephants for PAC and Tribal celebrations while hunting other game. He does work with Buzz across the river for Buff as well. I strongly recommend him, great tiger fishing there as well.
I know one fellow that has hunted three times, and another that goes back almost every year and is very involved in putting up the money for schools and a medical clinic for the local tribal community...and loves the hunting and tiger fishing!!
I think you will like it...I have seen the new prices now posted and they are significantly higher than I paid...you might want to negotiate a bit given the economy?? It is VERY expensive to get trophies out of there and it takes time!! PM if you would like to talk directly...but I am leaving for Africa end of the month!!..back end April

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote