THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Photo taken in our Damaro Concession

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo taken in our Damaro Concession
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Maybe someone knows how to blow this up a bit. It's a really nice Mt. Nyala bull.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 180 | Location: Mt. Vernon,Ohio, USA | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Guess I was a bit too slow.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful Mt. Nyala bull!

One of Africas real treasures. How I'd love the opportunity to hunt one of those old boys...

Thanks for posting.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animal!

Not that I could afford it (you usually can�t if you have to ask the price) but what would the price of a Mt Nyala hunt be?

I asked for it.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

My favourite shape - the classic lyre. Great bull!

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's nice!

Great photo of a great animal !!!!

Rich, I've never seen one in the flesh, what do you estimate that at and would you call it a good representative of the species or is it bigger than average?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice swollen neck too!
BTW how big is the concession? Can you estimate how many nyala exist on the concession?
I assume that each block is assigned for 5 years, like Tanzania, am I right?
Sorry for the cross-examination, but I can get more info out of you than 1 month spent dealing with Ethiopian beaurocrats!! BTW I'll be there in a month if you are around Mr. Elliot.

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad everyuone liked it.

Cewe,
One usualyy would spend around $40K from the time you went out the front door until you came back in. This wouldn't cover other species which would add to the cost. A Mt. Nyala license alone is $5,000 and it's a license, not a trophy fee. If you don't fill it then your're out of luck and if you wound one it's cancelled. It's one safari that you have to get right.

Shakari,
It's a bit hard to accurately judge without the gentleman turning sideways for me but there wouldn't be any doubt about whether or not to shoot. I'll guess him around 36" which is 3 to 4 inches better than average these days. Our bigggest this year is 38"

Boghossian,
The concession is perpetual as long as the outfitter makes his yearly payments, continues to protect and improve the area, and contriibutes to the well being (jobs, roads, schools, etc.) of the local community. There is a game census carried out in each concession by the game department (with our help) every two years and the next two yearly quotas of any species hunted there are based on this census.

I'm going over the 21st of Feb. until sometime in late March.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote