New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My name is Ryan Clark and this is my first time here. I went on my first Safari to South Africa last August. Before I left I tried to do some research on the animals on the price list. I bought a few books but there was no clear photo list of every African game animal listed by SCI and other record books. I decided to build a website that would do this. I wanted to create a website that would list all African Game Animals by photos taken by hunters.

http://www.safarilist.com/

Would anyone like to post their photos on the website? I still need a lot of help. The goal of the site is to identify all African game animals by photographs taken by hunters on Safaris.

This all started when my brother had a couple of cocktails at a SCI Dinner and placed a bid on a hunt. He won and I got to go as an observer. I took 6 animals and my brother took 8. I had a great time and can’t wait to go back. I’m already planning on going back and would love to get some recommendations for a Gazelle hunt.

Thanks – Ryan Clark

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your trip, also nice website. Looks like your hooked!

Life member NRA
formally scrappy

Posts: 192 | Location: Ga | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
What an interesting and educational concept. I would be more than happy to contribute what I can. I don't know if I'll be much help, but shall see what photos I can dig up.

Best of luck

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
Great idea!

I sent you a photo of a Black Wildebeest but your mailfolder was full. I'll send it again later.

Good luck on your project.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the help. If you want to send in any photos, please send them to -

safarilist@sbcglobal.net

Its my direct e-mail address.

Thanks again - Ryan Clark

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
A very useful website - Thanks!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Great idea. It will be alot of use.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Great website!

Sent you a photo of a Livingstone Eland.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a good idea and I like how you break it down into the sub-species that we don't hear much about sometimes.

I sent a photo of a bow killed mtn nyala courtesy of Rich Elliot.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
That is a fantastic idea.

I will send some species that you don't already have.

Nice site. -

You should ask a moderator to post a link to this site under "Africa - Reference And Information"

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

Welcome to the Board and congratulations on your contribution.

Have sent you a dorcas gazelle.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
An excellent initiative on your part. I hope some of the members here contribute with their photographs. AR member jbderunz (also here in France) has some excellent photographs of his Bongo and Lord Derby Eland trophies and I hope he finds the time to contribute them.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Great idea, great job. It would be nice once you fill it to expand to other continents.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1250 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A HUGE Thank You, to all who have sent in photos. I can’t believe the fast response from all of you. You guys have crashed my mailbox and I couldn’t be happier. I’m having a major Outlook problem right now and things are not getting to me. This should be fixed by tomorrow. I will be working on posting the photos as soon as possible and most should be done before Friday.

You guys sure know how to make a guy feel welcomed here. I wish I would have know about this website sooner.

Thanks again,
Ryan Clark

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
G-R-E-A-T thumb

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great site, and one that I definetly will return to! I sent you a photo of a common oribi. Good luck.. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
Great website-photos sent to both addresses. Thanks!!

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I can't offer any photos but may I offer suggestion?

You might change the names around on your alphabetical list. I was looking for Kudu and didn't think to look under "S" for Southern Greater Kudu

May I suggest changing the names to "Kudu-Greater Southern" and "Kudu-Western Greater"

It may be easier for people to locate the pictures of the animals that they are looking for if all the Kudus, reedbucks, hartebeests, etc. are grouped together.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12570 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ScopeBite
posted Hide Post
Nice Website. I am also from CA (bako) and thought it was pretty cool to see all the different people from CA who have posted pics. My brother and I would like to go and are looking at our options. I love to hunt the Pigs/Boars in CA so the Warthog and Bushpig are on my list. I hope to be able to contribute in the near future.

ScopeBite

I would rather Boar Hunt for my Bacon!

Posts: 136 | Location: Bakersfield California | Registered: 26 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys. All photos are online now. If your photo is not there I did not get it. I had major e-mail problems the first day but everything is back to normal. If you have a photo of a “live†animal and would like to send that in, please do. I think the website looks a little better them on the pages. The idea behind the site is to show the faces of all these animals with the strange names.

I hope this website will help new Safari hunters (like me) become more familiar with African game animals.

And thank you AR for allowing me to post this,

Ryan Clark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a great site! I'll send some pictures.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Great idea Ryan. I sent a few that aren't up yet too.

Thanks,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote