THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Success (in my small mind, anyway)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Success (in my small mind, anyway)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Was just thinking about when you'd get back. Congrats on what sounds like a great time. Can't wait to hear the details. Good luck with the ambien.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Folks:

I'm back in the Premier Club in J'burg having a tall one and awaiting climbing aboard the torture chamber back to ATL in an hour.

I will give some details later about the hunt, but spent some time in Matetsi and Chete' (in amazing heat). I took a pretty good kudu, saw a zillion lions (and, sorry Mbogo375, studied for 10 minutes a pretty fine, long-haired specimen at 30 yards... a license was available but no money left!!), captured live a dog baboon, shot three running wart hogs... trying to best Saeeds efforts on his video... took a couple of impala for leopard baits and, after almost daily getting on a bull or two by climbing hills in 110 degree heat, the last afternoon at fifteen yards "culled" (it's a long story) a broken tusked fellow with the new Searcy .470. Butch's "Big Dog" at 2250 f.p.s. and solid Woodleighs will bite. In fact, it may be a little too much for the bullet as there was a wee bit of lead "leakage" from the hole in the bottom. I'll try to post a picture.

The long and short if it is that elephant hunting is just as addictive as buffalo. I'm ruined. Details will follow, but please think about me for the next 18 hours upon that aluminum piece of crap. Hope the Ambiem works!

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG:

Glad to hear you had a great time!! Sorry to hear you are "ruint" again!!!!!!!

We all look forward to your stories...so do not waste to much time posting details...

Unfortunately, I did not take that 187 non-typical Whittail up in Canada..but you were close on the prediction...Took a 201 1/8" Mule Deer...T. Carr posted the pictures in the Big Game Hunting Forum under jjs first mule deer...last post 12/01/04...take a look..

Hope you have a good trip home...and happy you had a good trip!!

Take care,

Jim

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote