Find
Notify
Tools

SA-Canned lion hunting not illegal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lol

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not read all the posts here on this subject but I do have an opinnion based on many years in the hunting business.

The shooting of canned Lions takes the pressure off the wild Lions. If RSA can sell and shoot 700 Lions every year, that is just 700 wild Lions that won't get shot...

If RSA stops this killing then the rest of Africa will pay the price and the Lions will suffer the most. Human greed and the 3rd world will sell every last wild Lion in existence.

It is a despectable practice and I won't be a part of it, but I am all for it and I don't care how many tame Lions they raise and shoot or cows and sheep either for that matter..

Wake up America, it ain't always what it appears to be! bewildered

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i really don't mind it at all, i, in fact think that's the way the "hunters" that just want a fancy wall-hanging should hunt. keep 'em out of the wild where the rest of us want to be. they're usually the ones that are most dangerous to have in camp with as well.

i've long given up on a wild lion hunt. africa is gonna be hippo/buff for dangerous game and for a large predator, bowhunting or pistol hunting brown bear in alaska will have to do for me.

Posts: 559 | Location: texas | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote