THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Central African Wildlife Adventures (CAWA) Season Update

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Central African Wildlife Adventures (CAWA) Season Update
 Login/Join

posted
As many of you know Central African Wildlife Adventures (CAWA) had a difficult close to the the end of the 2011/2012 season. This was caused by a small number of very corrupt authorities who took advantage of a very unfortunate situation that occurred on the border of our hunting area to try to extract a large amount of money from the company and in turn lead to some of our employees been locked up in CAR largest prison.

But thanks to some excellent work by some very dedicated local employees we managed to uncover evidence against these corrupt authorities which we then took directly to the President of CAR. This has then resulted in us being cleared of all charges, all of our employees being released and the President of CAR himself has given us an official apology. Also all of the authorities who worked against us have been removed from their position with four of then currently in prison while an investigation in to the depths of their corruption is taking place.

We would like to thank everybody who showed/gave us support. It is very much appreciated and through the hardships it was nice to have know our friends/clients/fellow hunters were all rooting for us.

Despite the bad end to the 2011/2012 we had a fantastic hunting season with some magnificent animals taken. A 56" monster Lord Derby Eland an unconfirmed SCI No.2 many other eland bulls around the 53" mark. One particular Eland that comes to mind as one of the best of the season was guided to by young PH Erik Nyman. What was exceptional about this Eland was its extreme old age. It's horns were very worn and will not be making the SCI TOP 10 but this is a trophy with real character and made even more special by the fact that it was taken on foot by a bow hunter.

Once again our seasons average for Bongo was over 30" with the largest being 36" With all other species we took fine examples and many are record book entries. We have posted some photos of some of our animals already please take a look and more will soon be to follow.

We are now preparing for the 2012/2013 season which begins in December. We are looking forward to the new season, very confident in the amazing quality of our areas and the the massive amount of development work we have done over the last 6 years. We are positive we will very soon take the No.1 World Record Lord Derby Eland and Bongo titles.

Again, a big thank you to all our supporters,

Erik Mararv
Central African Wildlife Adventures
To the last frontier...and beyond...
www.cawasafari.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Erik,

I am so glad things have turned out ok. Just looked through this years pictures, unbelievable! As I have told you before you have one of the most amazing areas in all of Africa.

Mike

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news. I cannot wait to hunt with you guys again. See you in 2014.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great to hear this!!! I can't imagine the patience and resolve it took to manage this positive outcome!

Great trophies too!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
The GOOD people of Africa are to be commended for their ability to persevere in hostile conditions.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I glad things worked out for you.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote