All Rights Reserved

Contributed by WILL:

Fletcher Jamieson

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Nic & Guests

I was contacted a couple of years ago by a Zim's agent acting for the owner of Fletchers BG rifle whom wanted to sell it.

I have since lost contact with the agent representitive and dont actually know if the rifle was in fact ever sold !!! I even went to the trouble to design a website and uploaded it to one of the tripod servers ...

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, check out the website I set up for the rifle sale as it makes some very interesting reading, if anyone knows whether the rifle was in fact sold and to whom please let me know more deatails so I can update the information

Fletchers Royal H & H 500 / 450

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hi Alf

Very interesting man that Fletcher Jamieson, I wish I was around in those days when he tramped the Southern African bushlands.

These are the 500 / 450 details which can be found on that webpage I set up.

Holland & Holland Nitro Express Royal, Hammerless Sidelock, Double Cordite Rifle.

Calibre .500/.450, 70 grains Cordite and 365 grains Nickel coated bullet, Case 3 �"

Rifle No.17892

Just click on link The Rifle

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote