Find
Notify
Tools

African Shoot in SW NH
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted
Fun event, I did it last year and will participate again this year. It's held at Cheshire County Fish & Game in Keene.

CCF&G

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
I'd love to do that! It'd be a lot of fun.

I could bust an "elephant" and Jim wouldn't suffer the sticker shock.

Does this type of event occur anywhere else in the states?

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a lot of fun I'm going to try and move some things around on my schedule.

Posts: 266 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No scopes or slings allowed. Just like the real thing.

That qualification alone rules out lots of AR folks who posted about their DG hunts with photos of scoped rifles. In fact, I'd wager the majority of DG is downed with scoped rifles. So, you folks should know that the way you did it isn't the real thing.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll b dare---

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
quote:
No scopes or slings allowed. Just like the real thing.

That qualification alone rules out lots of AR folks who posted about their DG hunts with photos of scoped rifles. In fact, I'd wager the majority of DG is downed with scoped rifles. So, you folks should know that the way you did it isn't the real thing.

I actually agree with you. Last year I showed up with my rifle set up exactly how I'd hunt with; 1.5-4.5x scope and sling and was informed of the rules so I removed the scope and sling and shot with the irons on my .375 Ruger and did okay but not nearly as well as I should have. I plan to ask if I can shoot this year's event with them on without counting for official scoring 'cuz I'd like to see how I can do with it set up as it should be.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SableTrail:
I'll b dare---

You're coming? Send me a pm, I'll buy you a beer afterwards. Wink

-+-+-