Find
Notify
Tools

Website PH Tanzania
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I am pleased to announce the launch of my new website, talking about my PH activity in Tanzania.

Below is the link :

http://www.amsafarichasse.com/index-en.html#!/splash
Happy reading,

Sincerely,

Arnaud

Arnaud Mermet
06 77 72 10 38
www.amsafarichasse.com

Arnaud Mermet PH Tanzania and CAR
www.amsafarichasse.com

Posts: 33 | Location: France/Tanzania/CAR | Registered: 17 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first to break the ice. Big Grin

Arnaut Mon Ami.....Americans speak broken English and you advertise yourself in French? sofa
That's asking a bit much.

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Let me be the first to break the ice. Big Grin

Arnaut Mon Ami.....Americans speak broken English and you advertise yourself in French? sofa
That's asking a bit much.

Nice website, the one I went to on the link was English Smiler
There is a language choice
welcome to AR Arnaut

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice photos!

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent web site. Very well done and your galerie says you have a great eye with a camera.

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look at the lions in the Selous picture gallery and note how most of them have excellent mane development, contrary to common belief that Selous lions do not grow manes. Cool

Sorry for the hi-jack Arnaud....

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice website and some very fine trophies!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2093 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I speak with Arnaud most every year at the Rambouillet Game Fair, having been introduced to him by AR member jbderunz. This year, while cruising the aisles with Pierré van Tonder, we ran into Arnaud and had a brief chat once again. I hope to be able to hunt with him one day.

Arnaud, you should show your telephone with the international code, +33 style, otherwise you'll miss a bunch of frustrated Americans who've been trying to call you.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your messages, it took me three months to make this site and years to collect these photos!

Fujotupu, thank you for broke the ice! If you look closely there is a space in English on the website ...

Dave thank you for your help.

Bwanamitch, yes, many people think that there is no beautiful mane lion in the Selous game reserve, but it's not always true. In the south of Selous were we are we have somme very beautiful lions, maybe because altitude, cold and also can be a good genetic.

As you know, we also do care of aged lions. To have a beautiful mane of an old lion is more important

to compare that I know in the Selous, I now a hunting area where the majority of lions have very little mane.

Thank's all of you for the compliments about the photos.

Posts: 33 | Location: France/Tanzania/CAR | Registered: 17 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
to compare that I know in the Selous, I now a hunting area where the majority of lions have very little mane.

I only can confirm this !

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

I only can confirm this !

Many of us would be very interested in knowing more about this and seeing photographs, etc. Not that we don't believe, its important for discussion and awareness! To start off with, which is/are this/these blocks you refer to?

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's maybe because you dont now the south of Selous Mich and Mboga biga bwana, there there is sommes very good maned lion.
If you look at the pictures in my website 98% of the lions are from the Selous, as you can see some are very nice.
Were are you hunt in TZ?

www.amsafarichasse.com

One of Us
Picture of Hallgeir Gravrok
posted Hide Post
Excellent website, thanks

Excellent trophies huge elephant tusks, and beatiful leopards

Posts: 78 | Location: Norway | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Hallgeir

www.amsafarichasse.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arnaud,

I think you misunderstood my last post. I agree that the Selous has very nice maned lion. I also know that there are lion that do not have a full mane but are still old. Many people believe that MAJORITY of lion in the Selous do not have a full mane. I have always argued that it is not the majority but the minority.

Both you and Mboga Biga Bwana have stated that there are some blocks in the Selous where majority of lion do not have a full mane. I am asking to tell us which blocks these are and if you have any pictures of old lion with poor mane from these blocks?

Thx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted and guided the past 15 years 18 different Hunting Blocks in and around the Selous. The biggest ( Mane ) Lion i have seen was in MK1 Selous many years ago. I personaly have seen good Lions comeing out from L1, K1, K4, LL3, MS1, RU1, Kilombero South etc. but the are far and between. Read Brian Nicholson Book The Last of old Africa and he confirms also that the Lions in the East of the Selous (Rufiji) tend to mostly grow small Mane.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The block witch I'm talking about is in east of Selous, where the lion got a very small mane.
We agree, east of Selous not very good for nice mane lion.
I have also seen a picture of a very good lion from MK1.
The good blocks that produces very beautiful lion in south ,is LU6, LU7, LU8, MB1, MB2.
Mitch Sorry I did not understand you

www.amsafarichasse.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mich were are you hunt in TZ?

www.amsafarichasse.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arnaud, Just how long have you hunted in TZ and not known or heard of Bwanamich?....Am rather surprised considering you are in some way involved with the "French Conection" or "Big P" Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt with "big P" since 8 years. I've never had the pleasure to meet Bwanamitch in the bush (just french conection, Piet and André can enter in the block of Big P, lol). I met Bwanamitch here two or three years ago.

But if both of you are in Dar in June it's will be a pleasur to meet you.

www.amsafarichasse.com

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arnaud Mermet:

Arnaud Mermet
06 77 72 10 38
www.amsafarichasse.com

The number would be +33 6 77 72 10 38 if you try to reach Arnaud from outside of France.

Arnaud, I'll be at the Sea Cliff for the evening of 10 July and off to the Selous on the 11th with Pierré van Tonder, back to Dar on the 22nd or 23rd Juy I think. Will you be in Dar on that date?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arnaud Mermet:
I hunt with "big P" since 8 years. I've never had the pleasure to meet Bwanamitch in the bush (just french conection, Piet and André can enter in the block of Big P, lol). I met Bwanamitch here two or three years ago.

But if both of you are in Dar in June it's will be a pleasur to meet you.

I live in Dar within walking distance of the Sea Cliff while BM resides in Arusha.

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
BONNE CHANCE (good luck) Arnaud

I can affirm that Arnaud is a top notch PH and the Tanzanian blocks he hunts are the best.
A pity I haven't the budget to hunt with Arnaud.

Hi Wink.............maybe I'll see You at the game fair in Chambord??

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank JB, yes I will be in Chambord. On se voit sur place.

Amicalement

www.amsafarichasse.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink,

I might be at the Dar 10 or in the Massai country. I met Peter at Mantes, it is very nice.
If I'm in the cliff the 10 we meet.

www.amsafarichasse.com

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Arnaud,

I look forward to seeing you.

Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Wink

www.amsafarichasse.com